Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Darn near doubled since 2007, so may be possible.

    Copper* lining of COVID: potentially salvageable humans fell out of the habit of going to church.

    *the award for COViD silver lining was locked up long ago by “disproportionate deaths of right wing anti-intellectuals.”
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
      Darn near doubled since 2007, so may be possible.

      Copper* lining of COVID: potentially salvageable humans fell out of the habit of going to church.

      *the award for COViD silver lining was locked up long ago by “disproportionate deaths of right wing anti-intellectuals.”
      For me, I still attend on occasion, but only for community and our *****in' restored organ.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

      Comment


      • I went to a funeral at an Episcopalian church about a year and a half ago. It was "Catholic Lite" in almost every aspect, except that at communion time, everyone partaking single-filed up to a rail at the altar and knelt like it was 1952.

        Comment


        • OT God has ADHD. Hyper focused and created his project in 6 days, then crashed on the 7th. His little project was going sideways, and with extremely low frustration tolerance, so he decided to wipe everything out with a flood and start over.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            OT God has ADHD. Hyper focused and created his project in 6 days, then crashed on the 7th. His little project was going sideways, and with extremely low frustration tolerance, so he decided to wipe everything out with a flood and start over.
            When you put it like that, it sounds like a 4-year old with blocks.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              When you put it like that, it sounds like a 4-year old with blocks.
              Neurodivergence recognizes neurodivergence.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Largest group because they are classifying those reporting as agnostic, athiest, nothing in particular as one group. If they reported all Christians together (Catholics, Evangelicals, ) they'd be the largest group by far.

                Still, exciting to see those of us with no religous affiliations becoming less of a minority.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



                Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

                Comment


                • Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

                  Largest group because they are classifying those reporting as agnostic, athiest, nothing in particular as one group. If they reported all Christians together (Catholics, Evangelicals, ) they'd be the largest group by far.

                  Still, exciting to see those of us with no religous affiliations becoming less of a minority.
                  Sure, but that's just it -- affiliation. And if you think about how rare None was less than a century ago you will see that the Dead Hand is gradually relaxing.

                  Not that I think it's forever. The masses need religion, and always will. Some affiliation will figure out how to pack them back in. I do not think we are seeing a dramatic increase in the percentage of people who can live without the magical thinking. It's just dissatisfaction with the current brands.

                  The fundamental human problem of being thrown into an uncaring world with a death sentence has not gone away, and philosophical solutions to that problem are just too difficult for most people.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    OT God has ADHD. Hyper focused and created his project in 6 days, then crashed on the 7th. His little project was going sideways, and with extremely low frustration tolerance, so he decided to wipe everything out with a flood and start over.
                    OT God is also a classic case of a parent with NPD. They believe that they are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. They want to be admired and much-discussed by everyone. Thou shalt only pay attention to them because no one else matters (i.e., no other gods before me). Don't you dare speak ill of them (i.e., say their name in vain). And if you don't agree with their version of events and worship them, they will cut you off, lock you in the basement, and possibly even set you on fire.

                    But THEY LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

                      Largest group because they are classifying those reporting as agnostic, athiest, nothing in particular as one group. If they reported all Christians together (Catholics, Evangelicals, ) they'd be the largest group by far.

                      Still, exciting to see those of us with no religous affiliations becoming less of a minority.
                      "Nothing in particular" also doesn't imply atheism. IIRC, the article states that most people identifying as "none" do still believe in some sort of deity or higher power, they just don't subscribe to a particular organized denomination any longer.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The fundamental human problem of being thrown into an uncaring world with a death sentence has not gone away, and philosophical solutions to that problem are just too difficult for most people.
                        I thought good weed was the answer til I saw Reefer Madness.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                          "Nothing in particular" also doesn't imply atheism. IIRC, the article states that most people identifying as "none" do still believe in some sort of deity or higher power, they just don't subscribe to a particular organized denomination any longer.
                          So, harmless.

                          I'll take it.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I thought good weed was the answer til I saw Reefer Madness.
                            Weed won't unlock the mysteries of the universe, but it certainly might help one understand psychedelic rock.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                              OT God is also a classic case of a parent with NPD. They believe that they are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. They want to be admired and much-discussed by everyone. Thou shalt only pay attention to them because no one else matters (i.e., no other gods before me). Don't you dare speak ill of them (i.e., say their name in vain). And if you don't agree with their version of events and worship them, they will cut you off, lock you in the basement, and possibly even set you on fire.

                              But THEY LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!
                              From a therapeutic standpoint, I'd also like to assess the boy for bipolar, borderline, and autism.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

                              Comment


                              • Oh, gimme some of that body of Christ.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X