Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

How come?

1. They hate soporific liberal hypocrisy.

2. There are going to be a lot of them, between higher birth rates and high immigration of children in their cohort. They will be as dominant demographically as the Boomers.

3. They are going to have the most power of any generation in history. It will be delayed by longer life span, but when it happens it will happen almost all at once. They will initially gain power before they have been co-opted. They will simultaneously have both the will and the means to make radical change.

4. They will come to power on the heels of the spectacular collapse of the Right and its exposure as fascist. There will be no lying to them the way Reagan et al did to our cohort: like the generation coming of age during WW2, they will understand from personal experience precisely what the Right is.
    1) Ok, Boomer.

2) Higher birth rates? I don't think so. Millennials have yet to eclipse Boomers, and as an elder millennial I can confirm we're having fewer kids than Boomers.

3) Doubtful. Millennials are between the ages of 28 and 43 right now and yet we've still got **** for power, and our demographic bubble isn't going to just stay silent once the Boomers finally fall by the wayside.

4) Maybe. But that remains to be seen. I can agree white kids will tend more liberal, but I'm less sold on the rising Hispanic population continuing to be solidly in the Dems corner. Frankly they probably would already be solidly Republican if the GOP would stop being so racist.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    They haven’t shown to me a very good resistance to nonsense being fed to them through social media.

I’ll just come out and say it. My doubts have risen after the 10/07/2023 attack in Israel. I totally get that Likud and Netanyahu more than helped set the stage, but the ensuing calls to eliminate Israel altogether and make everyone go back to “where they came from” sound familiar.

Everything repeats. Generations be damned. People are people.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    I’m not as convinced as I once was.
    How come?

1. They hate soporific liberal hypocrisy.

2. There are going to be a lot of them, between higher birth rates and high immigration of children in their cohort. They will be as dominant demographically as the Boomers.

3. They are going to have the most power of any generation in history. It will be delayed by longer life span, but when it happens it will happen almost all at once. They will initially gain power before they have been co-opted. They will simultaneously have both the will and the means to make radical change.

4. They will come to power on the heels of the spectacular collapse of the Right and its exposure as fascist. There will be no lying to them the way Reagan et al did to our cohort: like the generation coming of age during WW2, they will understand from personal experience precisely what the Right is.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I love Jesus.

When he's born, I get presents. When he dies, I get chocolate.
    If you're Orthodox you get presents when they clip his foreskin.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I love Jesus.

When he's born, I get presents. When he dies, I get chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    I’m not as convinced as I once was.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Gen Z and Alpha will save us.
    I believe, unironically, this is true.

Every generation born between 1940 and Gen Z was crap, but I think the keeeds begin The Great Clawback.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Gen Z and Alpha will save us.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    The kids ARE alright.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Derps miss point, lose, are butthurt.

OLATHE, Kan. — Despite a petition against it, a “Satan Club” has been approved by the Olathe School District.

An Olathe Public Schools spokesperson stated, “the club application met the criteria to establish a student-initiated club and is now recognized as a student-initiated club at Olathe Northwest High School.”

In mid-December, the Olathe School District confirmed that a student had applied to develop a “High School Satan Club.”

There were some mixed reactions from parents, some expressed concern while others thought it was a justifiable right.

A student began an online petition called, “Stop The Satan Worship Club at Olathe Northwest.” By the evening of Dec. 18, it garnered over 6,800 signatures; now that number is over 7,500.

The school district has a criteria that the club had to pass before the application would be approved.

The application itself needed to be signed by at least ten students interested in forming the group. Additional signatures needed to come from a student representative and faculty supervisor.

Then, the student leaders of the club were expected to make a presentation to administrators about what the group will bring to the high school.

Before approval, the Olathe school district said in considering any application, they look at the Equal Access Act. The federal law requires that all public schools cannot discriminate against an applying student-initiated group based on the message, that is philosophical or religious, according to the district.

In other words, the district said, if the school allows one club, it allows all — providing the application process is complete and the group meets the guidelines for recognition.
    Good on you, students. F-ck the derps and the myth they rode on on.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    As usual.

A former pastor was sentenced to 40 years in prison after being convicted on three counts of sexual misconduct in the first degree.

William Oswald, 62, was convicted on Dec. 1 after a five-day trial. According to Fifth Solicitor Byron Gipson, testimony trial revealed Oswald “repeatedly” molested his two young daughters.

The assaults happened in the early 1990s and continued through the early 2000s.

In the initial report, Oswald’s daughters described in graphic detail the sexual assaults, each stating they were assaulted more than 100 times. The victims alleged the abuse began when they were around 8 years old and continued until their early teens.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The story so far:

Like religion itself should be, that image was deleted.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Tis the season for derp.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    "Practicing homosexuals" as if they get a certificate or credential saying they're licensed to practice being gay. ;-)
    There was a training and everything. I barely passed my certification.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X