Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I'm not interested in eternal life. I've seen enough already.
    Wait'll you get a little beatific splendor.

    Comment


    • Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • That number for Franklin Graham seems like it's a little low, must be hard times in the Graham household. Might have to sell the plane and get a NetJets subscription. Imagine having to share a private jet with a bunch of general surgeons and VPs of Finance. The horror!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          That number for Franklin Graham seems like it's a little low, must be hard times in the Graham household. Might have to sell the plane and get a NetJets subscription. Imagine having to share a private jet with a bunch of general surgeons and VPs of Finance. The horror!
          I think most of Graham's wealth is his political capital. The Nazis worship him.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Josh Duggar: 2 counts of kiddie porn. Mugshot looks like "oh yeah, I'll do it again too."

            https://www.relevantmagazine.com/cul...1QtHopS-JO0znw
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

            Comment


            • God: He's quirky.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Josh Duggar: 2 counts of kiddie porn. Mugshot looks like "oh yeah, I'll do it again too."

                https://www.relevantmagazine.com/cul...1QtHopS-JO0znw
                Definitely a pedosmile on him in the mug. Gross.

                Comment


                • Please just get rid of Christianity already.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                  Comment


                  • Please just get rid of Hinduism already.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Best part is they probably give to AIPAC.

                      End the Right.

                      Edit: No! Actual best part? Yale!
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • "We already used that excuse when we killed Christ."
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

                        Comment


                        • German priests to Vatican: screw.

                          (This is not 1517.)

                          Germany's powerful Catholic progressives are openly defying a recent Holy See pronouncement that priests cannot bless same-sex unions.

                          They are offering such blessings at services in about 100 different churches all over the country this week.

                          The blessings at open worship services are the latest pushback from German Catholics against a document released in March by the Vatican's orthodoxy office.

                          The 'Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith' said Catholic clergy cannot bless same-sex unions because God "cannot bless sin."

                          The document pleased conservatives and disheartened advocates for LGBTQ Catholics around the world. But the response has been particularly acute in Germany, where the German church has been at the forefront of opening discussion on hot-button issues such as the church's teaching on homosexuality as part of a formal process of debate and reform.

                          The dozens of church services celebrating blessings of gay unions are the latest escalation in tensions between conservatives and progressives that have already sparked alarm, primarily from the right, that part of the German church might be heading into schism.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Last month, two friends of mine attended a talk on hypocrisy in the church at a Holland megachurch. However, the discussion was "hypocrisy's okay because we're all broken." The pastor of this church joked about shooting atheists from the pulpit and an audience member called a queer friend of mine a dyke. My friends went public with what happened. Pastor got on Queer Friend's FB page, basically commenting "I'm sorry you were offended." Pastor of Mega Church said from the pulpit the church is "under attack," and decided to drag my friends some more. Queer friend received an ugly piece of hate mail yesterday, "you're going to burn in hell you (bundle of sticks)." There is reason to believe Mega Church is significantly bleeding financially after the loss of two big money elders and will be folding soon.

                            Story ran in the Holland Sentinel today discussing what happened and how the local faith community has a long way to go. Suffice to say, the trolls have already taken over the comment section.

                            This is why I left Holland. There are pockets of wonderful people there, but unless you're Dutch Protestant CRC, the general attitude from the locals is "we don't want you here."
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              Last month, two friends of mine attended a talk on hypocrisy in the church at a Holland megachurch. However, the discussion was "hypocrisy's okay because we're all broken." The pastor of this church joked about shooting atheists from the pulpit and an audience member called a queer friend of mine a dyke. My friends went public with what happened. Pastor got on Queer Friend's FB page, basically commenting "I'm sorry you were offended." Pastor of Mega Church said from the pulpit the church is "under attack," and decided to drag my friends some more. Queer friend received an ugly piece of hate mail yesterday, "you're going to burn in hell you (bundle of sticks)." There is reason to believe Mega Church is significantly bleeding financially after the loss of two big money elders and will be folding soon.

                              Story ran in the Holland Sentinel today discussing what happened and how the local faith community has a long way to go. Suffice to say, the trolls have already taken over the comment section.

                              This is why I left Holland. There are pockets of wonderful people there, but unless you're Dutch Protestant CRC, the general attitude from the locals is "we don't want you here."
                              Never look to the church--any church--for a reason to live in a community. Churches are near irrelevant to a quality life unless they are a negative factor. If you find people you like in a congregation, chances are they will make good friends completely apart from the church and its functions. I know it's easy for me to say, MT, but ignore the idiots.

                              Comment


                              • Being from the northeast it is very weird to me that people think of a church as in any way relevant to the temperature of a place. Driving by a church is always a curiosity like driving by a bad dive bar. "Oh, that's where the people who flunked out of high school hang out."
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X