Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religion: Catholics, Episcopalians, Atheists, All Are Welcome!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A religion for Q. No, seriously.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • "Cancel culture! OMG***BBQ!!!"

      These same people go to church every Sunday, and the book they put so much stock in has story after story of a "just and loving God" cancelling various groups of humans. One time, he decided to wipe out all of them just because.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        "Cancel culture! OMG***BBQ!!!"

        These same people go to church every Sunday, and the book they put so much stock in has story after story of a "just and loving God" cancelling various groups of humans. One time, he decided to wipe out all of them just because.
        Thou shalt try really, really hard not to kill anyone...unless they pray to a different invisible man than the one you pray to!

        Comment


        • Every God can be made to dance to any jig a believer wants. That is the beauty of belief. It is autobiography.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Western Theological Seminary in Holland told its LGBTQIA students "f you. You're never getting a certificate declaring you fit for ministry."

            The last I checked, the Reformed Church in America is still hanging on, though the progressives, the centrists, and the hard right are all wondering when it will crack, crumble, and fall away.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

              Thou shalt try really, really hard not to kill anyone...unless they pray to a different invisible man than the one you pray to!
              Gun Salesman : We call this piece the Fecalator. One look at it and the target ****s him or herself. Try it on.

              Loki : Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing? Look at this...

              Bartleby : Well, then, you know, don't use a gun. Just lay the place to waste, like.

              Loki : Easy for you to say. You get off light in razing. You got to stand there and read at Sodom and Gomorrah, I had to do all the work.

              Bartleby : What work did you do? You lit a few fires.

              Loki : I rained down sulphur, man, there's a subtle difference.

              Bartleby : Oh, yeah, I'm sure.

              Loki : Hey, you know, fuck you, man. Any moron with a pack of matches can set a fire. Raining down sulphur is like an endurance trial man. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

              Comment


              • Swiss racists vs Muslim fundies. Fuck em both.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Can't wait to read about the first rich white dude in Zermatt or St. Moritz whine about being fined for wearing a ski mask. Are we taking bets on selective enforcement?

                  Comment


                  • International Women's Day was yesterday. You know... most fundies can't point out a single passage in their holy text celebrating the independence and intelligence of women.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      International Women's Day was yesterday. You know... most fundies can't point out a single passage in their holy text celebrating the independence and intelligence of women.
                      They sure can point to lots of passages about female subservience that were written by men though!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                        They sure can point to lots of passages about female subservience that were written by men though!
                        And their ideal woman, Proverbs 31:10-31, basically glamorizes a woman who never prioritizes herself or her own needs.

                        Also, little known Queen Vashti from the book of Esther. The king was **** drunk and demanded Vashti show herself (appear nude) in front of him so he and his party guests can do horrible things to her. She's all like "no, I'm not doing that," so the king had her executed. I've been in churches where Vashti was shown to be the wrong kind of woman.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

                          Gun Salesman : We call this piece the Fecalator. One look at it and the target ****s him or herself. Try it on.

                          Loki : Well, it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive. Just doesn't have that Wrath-of-the-Almighty edge to it. I mean, come on, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing? Look at this...

                          Bartleby : Well, then, you know, don't use a gun. Just lay the place to waste, like.

                          Loki : Easy for you to say. You get off light in razing. You got to stand there and read at Sodom and Gomorrah, I had to do all the work.

                          Bartleby : What work did you do? You lit a few fires.

                          Loki : I rained down sulphur, man, there's a subtle difference.

                          Bartleby : Oh, yeah, I'm sure.

                          Loki : Hey, you know, fuck you, man. Any moron with a pack of matches can set a fire. Raining down sulphur is like an endurance trial man. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.
                          I really love that movie.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

                          "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

                          "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

                            I really love that movie.
                            Yes. Best portrayal of a god in film.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              Yes. Best portrayal of a god in film.
                              Conceptually? Or Alanis herself? Or both?
                              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                                Conceptually? Or Alanis herself? Or both?
                                Persona-wise.

                                Conceptually it's pretty thin, as is all theology post-1517. I'll take mine in that surrealist movie about the stylite.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X