Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Leafs can't even get one past Columbus and the GWG was a stinker to boot.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied
    Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    who would have thought that time resolution and frame rate would be so important? That was REALLY close.

That has to be the record for the latest goal on record in a game, and for it to be a game winner... Man.
    Whatever the highest framerate is for a camera will be what those cameras are next year. I would not be surprised if they had to use the call on the ice rule.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied
    who would have thought that time resolution and frame rate would be so important? That was REALLY close.

That has to be the record for the latest goal on record in a game, and for it to be a game winner... Man.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Wild aren’t up today but dumba was out on ice for the other game and took a knee during the anthem. Wild have come out in support of it.

the internet comments are..exactly what you’d expect
    Yeah, there are a lot of disgusting people out there. I take some solace that quite a few of them are bots. These vile posts will continue for a bit. Tweets with "NHL" and "Dumba" are on their radar now.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Wild aren’t up today but dumba was out on ice for the other game and took a knee during the anthem. Wild have come out in support of it.

Social media just proves that not enough people ascribe to the adage that it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied
    Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

If they had cases yes...but they don't.
    And I very much feel better about Canada than the US. It will be a miracle if the NBA and MLS stays safe in the middle of the outbreak. Canada, on the other hand... They were smart enough to deny Toronto the ability to play BB when bringing in teams from the US.

I think the Canadian bubbles will be better than Orlando. I could be wrong, and will retract that if it turns out that way.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    I've liked the games so far today

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

OK, I'll say what I want. No, it's not. It's f-cking stupid.
    I don’t even think the children of the nhl players on my block even care that daddy is on tv agin

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied
    Watching the coverage, and seeing the intermission report... makes me think they could have shared space with Doc Emerick in Michigan- Mike Turico lives in Ann Arbor, and Anson Carter went to State.... But they are in Connecticut.
    Last edited by alfablue; 08-01-2020, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If they had cases yes...but they don't.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Say what you want, it’s nice watching live hockey that matters again.
    Agreed. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and whether it was a mistake to come back. The NBA seems to be doing well with their version of the bubble. Hopefully the NHL has the same success.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I think we just found out Kepler is in a pirate rock band.
    Even in humor Seattle is pedestrian. Let me help. The Portland joke would be we just found out Kepler is in a Monastic Fusion Collective.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X