Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Oh god, we're going to be rooting for the same side in 18 months.

That may be a sign of the Apocalypse.

Are you a Mariners or Seahawks fan? We may be already.
    As much of a fan of baseball and football as I can be I do like the Mariners and Seahawks. I’d probably rank the teams like so:

1. Sounders
    2. Kraken
    3. Huskies (UW) (Football then Basketball)
    4. T-Birds
    5. Mariners
    6. Seahawks
    7. The lingering soul of the SuperSonics
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• 0. Cornell > UA-Whichever
      1. Mets > Mariners but they are my western outpost
      2. Islanders > Kraken but they will become my western outpost
      3. Notre Dame > YouDub insofar we ever play each other
      4. Seahawks. PROST!
      5. Timbers > Sounders but I'll root for them in a neutral setting
      6. Winterhawks > T-Birds with no compunction
      7. I heard rumors of an NBA once; I gave up the sport when Dr. J left the ABA Nets

So actually our only enmity is in the NC$$ and WHL. While you appear to hate the Timbers I am perfectly okay with the Sounders assuming they aren't playing us, so that's no good.
      Last edited by Kepler; 09-16-2020, 10:14 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Who the eff are the Winterhawks and T-Birds? No snark intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Who the eff are the Winterhawks and T-Birds? No snark intended.
          Portland Winterhawks and Seattle Thunderbirds, or just T-Birds, are two WHL (Canadian Major Junior) teams. They actually date back to 1976 and 1977 respectively. There’s also teams in Spokane (the aforementioned Chiefs), Tri-Cities (the Americans) (don’t worry, not too many know where the Tri-Cities are), and Everett (the Silvertips) (Everett is north of Seattle and basically Boeing).

Portland has won the Memorial Cup twice and the T-Birds have... existed (they did win the WHL title a couple years ago). They have a rivalry like all things Seattle-Portland and there will always be at least one game with a line brawl per season.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

0. Cornell > UA-Whichever
            1. Mets > Mariners but they are my western outpost
            2. Islanders > Kraken but they will become my western outpost
            3. Notre Dame > YouDub insofar we ever play each other
            4. Seahawks. PROST!
            5. Timbers > Sounders but I'll root for them in a neutral setting
            6. Winterhawks > T-Birds with no compunction
            7. I heard rumors of an NBA once; I gave up the sport when Dr. J left the ABA Nets

So actually our only enmity is in the NC$$ and WHL. While you appear to hate the Timbers I am perfectly okay with the Sounders assuming they aren't playing us, so that's no good.
            UAA (Anchorage). Sadly this is almost assuredly the last season and I probably won’t even get to see a game. After that it’s pretty much F* College Hockey (to be honest I’m already at that point, the whole CCHA abandonment left a bitter taste)
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              UAA (Anchorage). Sadly this is almost assuredly the last season and I probably won’t even get to see a game. After that it’s pretty much F* College Hockey (to be honest I’m already at that point, the whole CCHA abandonment left a bitter taste)
              Adopt us! We're the People's Ivy so we have moral superiority, and we're also usually very good so you won't have the Fulham Problem.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So I was obviously not paying attention, but why are Tampa and the Islanders playing in Edmonton and not Toronto?

Comment

• And we now have the southernmost Stanley Cup Final being played in the northernmost city.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Least interesting Stanley Cup final ever produces one good story.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Least interesting Stanley Cup final ever produces one good story.
                      It is probably odd to hear for everyone in the area who isn't one of the 20 or so Lightning fans in existence.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Sometime between OT last night and OT tonight the referees forgot what a trip was.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Wings have opted not to renew Howard and will go goalie shopping. Not crazy about most of the FA options and I doubt many of them would play here right now unless Stevie Y overpays. Maybe get Cam Talbot here on a reasonable mid-term deal? He's used to seeing a lot of rubber and grew up a few hours away in Caledonia.

Comment

• Coyotes are in brand limbo.

They bumped the Kachina coyote alternates to their full time home jerseys for the playoffs.

Then they announced yesterday that they’re bringing back the crescent moon to center ice, and have the Kachina coyote logo as the backdrop for their draft picks and interviews.

But, to coincide with the center ice logo announcement, they also unveiled 25th anniversary logos, one featuring the current howling coyote and red color scheme, and the other the Kachina coyote and black color scheme. They’re also using the howling coyote for the logo on microphones for the draft.

The website is still using the red color scheme and howling coyote, but social media is using Kachina coyote and black.

The way it looks, they’re going to have entirely separate logos and color schemes for home and away games this year. Has that ever happened before? Closest I can think was the Rams who were restricted by NFL rules and went with royal blue and gold at home and white and navy on the road the last couple years, but that’s not really the same.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Welcome to "Flat Cap Land" ... where Marc-Andre Fleury of VGK is offered to you at half contract (VGK retains other half) and with a second-round pick ... and you decline.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Found on an NHL Transaction wire:

Columbus Blue Jackets give two-year two-way extension to goalie Matiss Kivlenieks <-- Isn't that the little guy that Superman has to get to say his own name backward to defeat him?
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X