Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    It's a painful time to be a Wings fan. Give Yzerman a couple of years.
    I think he'll need more like 5. Holland left him a serious mess.

Comment

• Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

The Isles just dropped a player off their roster to another team's AHL roster without trading him, so that team could observe him and then maybe trade for him.

I had no idea that was legal.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The Isles just dropped a player off their roster to another team's AHL roster without trading him, so that team could observe him and then maybe trade for him.

I had no idea that was legal.
        Yup. With affiliations being a 1-for-1, it's not as often as it once was, but it still happens.

Generally it's long in the tooth players who have earned respect from their parent club and ask to be in a different AHL club because of familiarity or family situations.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

THAT'S MY PUCK BABY! DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH MY PUCK!s

Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
            It's a painful time to be a Wings fan. Give Yzerman a couple of years.
            It’s going to take at least this offseason and maybe another to unload the bad contracts. Then there’s the issue of procuring talent. It might be 4-5 years.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

NHL to prevent media from coming into locker rooms to prevent spread of Covid-19. Media scrums will be held press conference style where the staff/players will be separated from media.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

He’s Back!
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Lots of news this evening. Santa Clara County has just banned all gatherings of 1000+ people from taking place for the next three weeks. Will affect a few Sharks games.

In the other tidbit, an ECHL Fort Wayne Komets player has terminated his contract with the team because the team forged his signature to classify him as Injured Reserve as a cap saving move.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Lots of news this evening. Santa Clara County has just banned all gatherings of 1000+ people from taking place for the next three weeks. Will affect a few Sharks games.
                    With the way they've been playing, will it...?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Dear Vegas Golden Knights, you have one job this Sunday, and I'd like to see Larry Walker in net.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NBA seems to be leaning towards no fans more than the NHL, but just in case:

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          NBA seems to be leaning towards no fans more than the NHL, but just in case:

This is what I suggested for the ECACs.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

NHL announcement tomorrow, won't suspend play as of now but I'd expect them to follow the NBA sooner than later. Won't surprise me to see league wide no fan attendance at the very least.

This all really sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              NHL announcement tomorrow, won't suspend play as of now but I'd expect them to follow the NBA sooner than later. Won't surprise me to see league wide no fan attendance at the very least.

This all really sucks.
                              With the NBA having a player (or more eventually) who tested positive, and the shared use facilities that those NBA teams have been in that also have NHL teams, the writing is pretty obviously on the wall. Someone said that you can connect all 30 NBA teams to each other over the last five nights, with many games in dual purpose facilities.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                With the NBA having a player (or more eventually) who tested positive, and the shared use facilities that those NBA teams have been in that also have NHL teams, the writing is pretty obviously on the wall. Someone said that you can connect all 30 NBA teams to each other over the last five nights, with many games in dual purpose facilities.
                                I posted it elsewhere, but I'll add it here.

Rudy Gobert tested positive. He plays for the Utah Jazz.
                                The Jazz played the Pistons on Saturday at LCA
                                The Canes played the Red Wings last night....at LCA.

Nobody's going to be playing much of anything at any level here in a day or two.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X