This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Fanatics will become the official uniform supplier of the NHL for ten years beginning in 2024.

Honestly I didn’t even realize they made things. I thought they were just a giant retailer.
    They started "making" their own things in the same way Kirkland is slapped on other companies products. The retail jerseys were already Fanatics branded (and I think they may have taken over or worked in conjunction with Adidas for thst).

And they make their own hats as well (competed against or won the bid for MLB from New Era).

I ordered three times from them for MLB stuff, and my order was right only once (and that was only because it was one item).

I wonder how this will affect every other league because none of them have any dealings with Fanatics.
    Last edited by aparch; 03-21-2023, 08:13 AM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I ordered three times from them for MLB stuff, and my order was right only once (and that was only because it was one item).

So I picture some team celebrating their history and 5 of the players have their modern jersey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Fanatics will become the official uniform supplier of the NHL for ten years beginning in 2024.

Honestly I didn’t even realize they made things. I thought they were just a giant retailer.
        I’m seeing a lot of complaints about poor quality.

I doubt this changes much for the other leagues. The NFL will be too expensive, the NBA will be with someone who sells shoes so Nike or Adidas, MLS is locked in with Adidas (and Adidas needs MLS as it’s entry point into the US market), MLB might go with them but MLB doesn’t move the needle as much.

Classic NHL “go with the biggest number consequences be darned” move.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Fanatics suck.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Russia and Belarus teams were excluded by the International Ice Hockey Federation on Wednesday from all its world championships next season, including the women's event in the United States.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Russia and Belarus teams were excluded by the International Ice Hockey Federation on Wednesday from all its world championships next season, including the women's event in the United States.
              While the IOC keeps saying those countries will be allowed. This is going to make for an interesting "showdown."
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Blackhawks announce they're not going to let their players wear pride jerseys for warm-ups, cite "Russian Law" and safety concerns for their "Russian players." (Plural).

Per Mark Lazerus, Blackhawks beat writer for The Athletic:
                The Blackhawks will not wear their Pride jerseys on Sunday, per team sources.

Safety concerns over Russia’s anti-LGBTQ “propaganda” law are behind the team decision not to wear the jerseys, sources say.

I’m told this was an organizational decision, and didn’t come from the players.

The Blackhawks called all their “community partners” that are going to be a part of Pride night, and while there was obvious disappointment in the decision not to have (let?) the players wear the Pride jerseys, they all “understand,” per team sources.

Nikita Zaitsev, Philipp Kurashev and Anton Khudobin all have Russian heritage, so the team’s security officials made the call.
                They have *One* Russian player on the active roster: Khudobin was born in Kazakhstan. Kurashev is from Switzerland. Zaitsev is the only one from Russia, and is from Moscow. You're telling me Putin's goon squad is gonna go round up Khudobin's grandmother and an uncle and execute them because of the fabric someone wore for 15 minutes half a world away?
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Man, imagine back in the cold war if we bowed down to some soviet law. There would be congressional investigations and black booking tons of people for that. The NHL is pretty lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                    Man, imagine back in the cold war if we bowed down to some soviet law. There would be congressional investigations and black booking tons of people for that. The NHL is pretty lame.
                    We have to bow down. If we don't we're too woke.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                      Man, imagine back in the cold war if we bowed down to some soviet law. There would be congressional investigations and black booking tons of people for that. The NHL is pretty lame.
                      It’s pretty clear they’re using it as a cover for bigotry. The sad part is that many media outlets are buying it hook, line, and sinker.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        It’s pretty clear they’re using it as a cover for bigotry. The sad part is that many media outlets are buying it hook, line, and sinker.
                        Somehow Kaprizov wore a pride jersey last year, had visa issues in Russia and still had no issues

Comment

• I read a couple of Russkies that play for San Jose wore them last weekend. (names omitted in case Putin's lurking)
                          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Very clearly. For them to use russian law to hide behind is pretty cowardly.

But this is also a team that hid some homosexual abuse from an employee to a number of players. Kind of ironic, when you think about it- don't do anything about it when it's illegal abuse, but also don't want to celebrate their fans when they are just doing it for love.

Comment

• Hockey News, 1860:

NHL to respect Fugitive Slave Law. "Who are we to judge?," says Absalom Bettman.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The Staal brothers, Eric and Mark, refused to wear the Pride jerseys in Florida citing their “Christian” beliefs.

Eric was told postgame that he had already worn one in Montreal in 2021 and that there’s photo evidence.

His response?
                                “I haven’t before. I never have. … I haven’t worn a pride jersey before.”
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X