This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    That came our days ago? I guess today was the announcement but we knew that over a week ago
    Oh, I guess you did post that already.

I was hoping they would give it to Vegas, but Allegiant is indoors and Sam Boyd is not only on the outskirts of the city but also apparently permanently closed now. Interestingly the last game in UNLV’s stadium was actually a San Jose State vs Boise game due to COVID displacing SJSU.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Eh, Seattle is a way better location.

i realize I’m in the minority here.

Comment

Eh, Seattle is a way better location.

I think Vegas could do an amazing one, too. It would be up to eleven over the top, and that's not what I want every night -- but once would be fun.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Eh, Seattle is a way better location.

Well, there’s two of us.

And they should be playing Vancouver but Turner ain’t having that.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Also, playing at T-Mobile? Boo.

Should be playing it at Husky Stadium for the gorgeous Lake Washington shots.

Anyway, time to start saving money…
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              Wow. NHL thread on page 4

The Winter Classic is on and at Fenway. It's probably beyond miserable to be there, but it sure does make for cool photos. It's a little odd to hear the crowd but almost never see them.

The ice is supposedly very good, somehow, despite the fact that it's in the upper 40s.
              You mean miserable WRT seeing the game, right? Upper 40's seems a very nice way to see an outdoor hockey game if it's not raining.

And noting that the SoCal game went off nice enough when it was in the 70's, it makes a lot of sense that a game in the 40's would have good ice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Also, playing at T-Mobile? Boo.

Yes on that. Since a game was played at the Big House, if the college stadium would be a better experience, it should be fine and encouraged. Seeing a hockey game and Lake Washington sounds awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Also, playing at T-Mobile? Boo.

Yeah huge mistake not playing on the water at husky stadium, I think.

my family only has 4 season tickets so we’re gonna need to get a boatload more

Comment

• I’m kinda hoping UAA will get a game out of this and make the trip really worth it. I imagine the T-Birds and Silvertips will play.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You mean miserable WRT seeing the game, right? Upper 40's seems a very nice way to see an outdoor hockey game if it's not raining.

And noting that the SoCal game went off nice enough when it was in the 70's, it makes a lot of sense that a game in the 40's would have good ice.
                      I love Fenway but it's a dump with the worst sight lines imaginable for baseball. I can't even imagine how awful it is to "see" a hockey game there.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

I love Fenway but it's a dump with the worst sight lines imaginable for baseball. I can't even imagine how awful it is to "see" a hockey game there.
                        I agree (only been there for one game). Just wanted to make sure there isn't a rain storm on the way.

Comment

I love Fenway but it's a dump with the worst sight lines imaginable for baseball.
                          QFT but it's still the best ballpark in baseball as long as you can see the CITGO sign.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

QFT but it's still the best ballpark in baseball as long as you can see the CITGO sign.
                            Nah. I would've said Wrigley 10 years ago but the jumbotrons in the outfield ruin it. PNC Park in Pittsburgh is the new best. Only modern 2-deck stadium, right along the river, good sightlines everywhere, not a ton of corporate signage.

Comment

• I don’t know if it’s the LCA lighting or something with the filters ESPN has on their cameras but the ice around the goals is very yellow looking tonight compared to center ice and it’s pretty jarring on the eyes. Combine that with the terrible ad board graphics and it is not a good viewing experience.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                I don’t know if it’s the LCA lighting or something with the filters ESPN has on their cameras but the ice around the goals is very yellow looking tonight compared to center ice and it’s pretty jarring on the eyes. Combine that with the terrible ad board graphics and it is not a good viewing experience.
                                Just looked- I could be wrong, but it *seems* that it's a combination of the lighting plus the "background" color they use for the fake board ads. That looks WAY to bright behind the goale. Perhaps the boards make you see it with an extra illusion of color and brightness.

Then again, while watching Battlebots, there was an ad for kids with eye cancer... so... gotta cover every possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X