• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

This.

But Tampa can also **** off.
    This.

Tampa acted so whiny and entitled that entire series and the refs just shrugged their shoulders. How Stamkos got nothing for firing a puck at the refs after the whistle is beyond me.

It wasn’t quite 2011 Vancouver level of schadenfreude, but it was still good to see Tampa lose.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I didn’t realize there was so much Tampa hate. Maybe I’m blinded by the Stevie Y built roster, but this was a fairly neutral series for me.

Shame the Wings don’t have a true rival at the moment. Colorado died sometime after 03, Chicago is now in a different conference, and the Wings haven’t been good enough lately to build a divisional rivalry.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        I didn’t realize there was so much Tampa hate. Maybe I’m blinded by the Stevie Y built roster, but this was a fairly neutral series for me.

Shame the Wings don’t have a true rival at the moment. Colorado died sometime after 03, Chicago is now in a different conference, and the Wings haven’t been good enough lately to build a divisional rivalry.
        Am I one of the few who never saw the Hawks as a rival? Original Six, yes, but anything else? Meh. I think the Sharks were more of a rival in the late 2000s and early 2010s than the Blackhakws ever were. The Blackhawks, to me, always seemed like the Jan Brady to the Marsha Brady Red Wings. They always had middle sibling syndrome, from the Jeremy Piven "Detroit Sucks" era, and even up to 2013 when Kronwall deflected the GM7 OT winner past Howard, the Wings never played like the Blackhawks were a rival.

The Hawks, meanwhile, watched the Wings win four cups in a decade, play for five, and always fancied themselves to be just like the Wings.

I really can't say the Wings have any true rivals anymore either. I would have picked the Bruins because it seemed like that 2014 playoff first round was nasty, but it's tapered off since then (thanks to the Wings being terrible). I forgot the Lightning ended the Wings season back-to-back in 2015 and 2016, but the Wings went out on a whimper both times. Tampa only when Stevie Y was there, now, again, it doesn't really matter.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I don't mind seeing another former Gopher (EJ) winning a Cup.
          Speaking of which...

Comment

• Why was Ovechkin playing in a professional soccer game recently?
            And did no one know to defend him when he's set up "in his office"?
            And does that goal count to his professional career total?

https://sports.yahoo.com/alex-ovechk...001650548.html
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Speaking of which...
              I do NOT want to know the goings-on preceding that photo.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I do NOT want to know the goings-on preceding that photo.
                You're on the Cup, but have you been in the Cup?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

< fingers in ears, eyes closed >

LAH-LAH-LAH ... CAN'T HEAR YOU ... LAH-LAH-LAH

... but I'd expect as much from a Gopher ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Does the Stanley Cup have to carry the mini cup to full term, or can it recycle?
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                      I didn’t realize there was so much Tampa hate. Maybe I’m blinded by the Stevie Y built roster, but this was a fairly neutral series for me.

Colorado died after 2008 once all the key players from the heyday of the rivalry had retired.

From a divisional perspective, once the Wings are consistently a playoff team again, I could see reigniting some of the old rivalry with the Leafs. There is a split of fans in Windsor and SW Ontario that obviously becomes more and more Leafy the closer you get to Toronto.

Comment

• If Joe Biden Supports the Colorado Avalanche, I Will Have No Choice but to Write In Stacey Abrams in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          If Joe Biden Supports the Colorado Avalanche, I Will Have No Choice but to Write In Stacey Abrams in 2024.
                          I mean we can just have Abrams in 2024 anyway...
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

I mean we can just have Abrams in 2024 anyway...
                            Seriously.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Fiala to the Kings for Faber and a first.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Fiala to the Kings for Faber and a first.
                                Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X