NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    This site sez they tied the streak at 12.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/2...-over-rangers/

This site sez they broke the streak at 12.
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...y-cup-playoffs
    for the sake of the record, let the Rangers win game 6. That will clarify it, and have it be done in a single post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

for the sake of the record, let the Rangers win game 6. That will clarify it, and have it be done in a single post season.
      Considering the playoff Canes have lost 5 in a row on the road that might be worth a wager of a few pfennigs.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I'm trying to find scheduled dates for when both conference finals' games are. I am going to be in Denver starting on June 5 and am curious if that week will be late games of the WCF or the start of the Stanley Cup. Would LOVE to get to a game if I can. The NHL's site is useless. Unless I'm missing something. Anyone know where I can look?
        Scarlet
        Dates are now set. At Denver on 5/31, 6/2, 6/8, 6/12.
        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 05-28-2022, 12:03 PM.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Ooooooh! I’ll be there on the 8th!

Comment

• Now at least the record is clear. 13 games in a row for Carolina where only the home team won.

Can Carolina extend that to 14, or will the Rangers break through?

Comment

• US finishes 4th after a 6-3 loss to Czechia. Gave up five straight goals after going up 3-1.

Canada of course did awful (for their standards) in group play but made their way to the championship game. Playing Finland later today.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                US finishes 4th after a 6-3 loss to Czechia. Gave up five straight goals after going up 3-1.

Canada of course did awful (for their standards) in group play but made their way to the championship game. Playing Finland later today.
                Finland wins 4-3 in OT to win the World Hockey Championship.

With the win (and the Olympic win earlier this year) Valtteri Filppula becomes the first Finn to join the Triple Gold Club.

In another reminder of how much USA Hockey sucks, the US is now the only Big Six country to not have a member in the Triple Gold Club (the US is also the only Big Six member to not make the Gold Medal game of the World Championships since the format change in 1991).
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  (the US is also the only Big Six member to not make the Gold Medal game of the World Championships since the format change in 1991).
                  Because nobody cares.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Because nobody cares.
                    Nobody cares about any IIHF tournaments so why does USA Hockey compete at all?

Edit: They also can’t win the ones they do care about.
                    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 05-30-2022, 07:44 PM.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Canada doesn't particularly care either and they've still made the final the six of the last seven tournaments and won three of those.

The US somehow hasn't even finished top two since they won in 1960. It's not like they're sending bad teams. They always make the knockout round and have won their group a few times the last decade, but they usually get bumped in the semis.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        Canada doesn't particularly care either and they've still made the final the six of the last seven tournaments and won three of those.

The US somehow hasn't even finished top two since they won in 1960. It's not like they're sending bad teams. They always make the knockout round and have won their group a few times the last decade, but they usually get bumped in the semis.
                        The problem is you can look at the rosters and then look at the players who were available who didn’t play and see why they lost. It also doesn’t help that typically the management and coaching staffs are consistently bad. Those are two things you can lay at the feet of USA Hockey.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Isles fan here let's go Rangers there I said it fight me.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Hoping rangers hold on

Comment

• I would also note the Slovaks and the Swiss both have better finishes in the last decade than the US (and the Slovaks have also won it more recently as well).
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Isles fan here let's go Rangers there I said it fight me.
                                I hate the Rangers. Have for a very long time.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X