No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wild-Blues series was pretty much an example of a grittier, heavier, more experienced team understanding how you win in the playoffs. The principle advantage the Blues had was on special teams. They were good on the power play, the Wild were not. As a result, guys like Fiala, Zuccarello, Hartman and Foligno, who were all 23-35 goal scorers during the regular season, were practically shut out during this series.

The Wild are going in the right direction, though.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I really, really, really want the Rangers, Caps and Stars to win tonight. Six game sevens this weekend would be epic. I also want all six to go to the third period tied, or even better, to go into overtime.

Is that too much to ask?
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I was boycotting the NHL this season but I'm back for the playoffs, so apologies if I ask stupid questions.

Has Carolina always been this much of a front running team? My god they are completely different when they are ahead vs. when they're behind.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          The Minnesota sports team Minnesota sportsed all over the place and then slipped and fell in it.
          It's the name and the logo, man, I'm telling you. They're cursed; for good reason.

Just pay Dallas whatever it will take. The best sweater in all global hockey history is right there for the taking. Dallas can rename themselves The Inquisitors or The Executioners or something.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            The Wild are going in the right direction, though.
            They are, but unfortunately building further will be put on hold for a few years. Hopefully KK97 doesn't demand a trade before money can be spent again.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Talbots wife tweeted out something a little salty and now Russo says wild need to mend relationship with Talbot or trade him.

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Talbots wife tweeted out something a little salty and now Russo says wild need to mend relationship with Talbot or trade him.

lol
                I didn't see it. What did she say?

For what it's worth, I think it would be great if they could keep both Fleury and Talbot. I don't really blame either of them for the series loss. In my opinion they didn't get a ton of help.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I didn't see it. What did she say?

For what it's worth, I think it would be great if they could keep both Fleury and Talbot. I don't really blame either of them for the series loss. In my opinion they didn't get a ton of help.
                  Last night she tweeted that home was wherever cam was, and she looked forward to their next adventure together.

today she replied to a Russo tweet- one where he quoted Talbots gracious comments last night after game- and she said “Evanson said it was an EASY decision”

i don’t blame either goalie for this mess

Comment

• It's a messy situation. Talbot historically has been completely owned by the Blues, so I get the decision. But coach saying it was an easy decision when the guy went 13-0-3 down the stretch probably stings, so I also get that.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Fleury won't stay unless he has zero options.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Survival mindset: https://***********/bubbaprog/status...52084491255808

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

They are, but unfortunately building further will be put on hold for a few years. Hopefully KK97 doesn't demand a trade before money can be spent again.
                          I don’t get how they get out of this cap mess. I saw one of the players today (lives in my hood) and he looked so depressed I wanted to give him a hug. While asking where he’s been the last six games

Comment

• Another season, another 1st round Leafs elimination
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Another season, another 1st round Leafs elimination
                              I could have sworn someone suggested a dramatic loss like that.

Comment

• I almost feel bad for the Leafs. Almost.
                                Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                                X