Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This would be interesting to do for all the D-1 NC$$ schools:
    Detroit Red Wings:
    1. Chicago Blackhawks
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    *inhale*

Not ever. Well, maybe in the '50s and '60s. This wasn't even a rivalry in the 2010s when the Hawks were on their three Cup run.

Are the new generation of Wings fans really buying that sh*t? I'm pretty sure the Bruins are a bigger rival than the Blackhawks are.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

*inhale*

Not ever. Well, maybe in the '50s and '60s. This wasn't even a rivalry in the 2010s when the Hawks were on their three Cup run.

Are the new generation of Wings fans really buying that sh*t? I'm pretty sure the Bruins are a bigger rival than the Blackhawks are.
      I'm not even sure why Tampa would also be considered a rival. Other than Stevie going to run them for a while, who even cares about Tampa from here- other than it being a great place to see a hockey game?

One other consideration- Toronto was chosen for the game at The Big House for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
        I will not be upset if they hire Trotz because I do believe he is a good coach.
        I appreciate the insight as well. Yeah, Trotz wouldn't be a bad pick, and does seem very loyal if you treat him right which bodes well for the rebuild.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

*inhale*

I've since seen four or five other lists; the Blackhawks are on all of them.

But it doesn't matter; the interesting idea is a list by fans. If you're right then fine the list will correct. Like a Republican would say, just pick the right voters.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Kaprizov with a monster first period

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I've since seen four or five other lists; the Blackhawks are on all of them.

But it doesn't matter; the interesting idea is a list by fans. If you're right then fine the list will correct. Like a Republican would say, just pick the right voters.
              Maybe it is my age showing, but despite the move to the East, I still see the Avs as a rival. I'm old enough to remember when the list was 1) Claude Lemieux 2) Patrick Roy 3) Colorado Avalanche

Tampa Bay is a toss up. Seeing as Stevie came home, there isn't any reason to be a rival.

The Blackhawks, I dont see as a rival. They always had Jan Brady / Little Brother syndrome, especially in the '90s and '00s when they couldn't win for sh*t and their fans kept starting "Detroit Sucks" chants. Thanks Jeremy Piven. That was weird to hear when I first moved to Chicago in 2006, because it's like "have you seen your own team?" And the sunset of the Wings era coincided with the rise of the Hawks. (Still bitter over Kronwall deflecting the 2013 GM7 GWG in; that's how I knew the Wings were done for a decade.) Hawks fans kept on with the "Detroit sucks!" and it's like "we know, we're old and Kenny Holland ain't helping anymore (or ever (stares at Jim Nill leaving when it should have been Holland)).

As for college hockey, this *absolutely* needs to be done and would be such a fun piece.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Kaprizov with a monster first period
                Too bad no one else has shown up.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Habs won the draft lottery.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Now that the Wild season is over we can look to 2024 and beyond. Because we know 2023 is going to suck.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Now that the Wild season is over we can look to 2024 and beyond. Because we know 2023 is going to suck.
                      Cap pain is going through 2025...so it's more like looking forward to 2027.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                        Now that the Wild season is over we can look to 2024 and beyond. Because we know 2023 is going to suck.
                        Fire sale starts Friday morning?

They still have Parise and Suter money on this books that's going to hit hard the next couple seasons:
                        https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/wild
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          Toronto was chosen for the game at The Big House for a reason.
                          Chicago might be a couple miles closer, but Toronto brings the fans.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Habs won the draft lottery.
                            What a coincidence that they're hosting the draft as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Too bad no one else has shown up.
                              As someone noted at GPL the Wild have 4 goals in their 3 losses…and KK has 3 of those.

Comment

• The Minnesota sports team Minnesota sportsed all over the place and then slipped and fell in it.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X