This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh man, Jarry had a hard slash on one of the other skaters. I'm not one to really encourage goalie violence, but it's not like he's innocent in all this.
    Took a page out of Billy Smith's book.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Marchand gets 6 games.
      https://www.nhl.com/news/bruins-brad...on/c-330646894

Comment

• Anson carter goes after wild beat writer Russo on broadcast last night Yeesh.

Didn’t see anything wrong with what Russo himself had said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Anson carter goes after wild beat writer Russo on broadcast last night Yeesh.

Yeah, neither do I. I don't get it, but, whatever.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yeah, neither do I. I don't get it, but, whatever.
            I’ve no doubt carter has seen tons of racism his entire life- but none from Russo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Took a page out of Billy Smith's book.
              And that note was clearly heard in the posted replay of the event....

Comment

I’ve no doubt carter has seen tons of racism his entire life- but none from Russo.
                All Russo said was the Wild were winning with lots of different players. Which they have. I don't see anything wrong with that. But, apparently Mr. Anson Carter knows the team better than Russo does. Anson went full stupid on the bit. I have zero respect for him if I ever had any to begin with.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Anson carter goes after wild beat writer Russo on broadcast last night Yeesh.

It was worse than I thought. You have to watch the whole segment. He actually called Russo a racist at the end. Disgusting.

Comment

• Here's a recap for everyone else even though you don't care.

Anson Carter: Says dumb thing that makes it apparent he hasn't paid any attention to the Wild this season.

Fans and writers (including Russo): "That makes it apparent you haven't paid any attention to the Wild this season."

Anson Carter: Doubles down on dumb thing, making it even more apparent that he hasn't paid any attention to the Wild this season.

Fans and writers (again including Russo): "Seriously it is super obvious you haven't paid any attention to the Wild this season."

Anson Carter: Russo's racist.

fin
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Good grief is Carter going to feel stupid when this is over.

I think my favorite part of this was he said he doesn't even follow Russo on Twitter. Like... Russo is widely considered one of the best hockey writers in the nation. I'm sure he's had dozens of offers to move or go national.

If I'm a national commentator/analyst, I try to make as many network connections as possible. I'm friends with every coach, every beat writer, arena managers, everyone. Not just the players or a few personalities. I'm confident Russo is on a first name basis with every single person in the Wild organization from the president, to the coach, to the players, all the way down to the guy who runs the popcorn stand behind the press box. It's what makes him so good. He lives the organization. (What takes him from good to great is that he doesn't let those relationships get in the way of his reporting.)

Anyways, it's clear Carter has fallen into the trap of becoming the personality instead of wanting to do great work. Again, if I have a job like that, I watch every single game every night at least in shortened format and make it a point to watch a full game from every team at least once a week. You have five work days every week. Make them count.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-10-2022, 10:38 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh he definitely has. People threw bananas at him in Russia. I completely understand being sensitive to it. This isn't it, though.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• ASU Board of Regents has approved a plan to add NHL facilities to their new hockey arena to serve as a temporary home for the Coyotes starting next season while they attempt to work out a deal with Tempe for a new NHL-sized arena. Will require them to remove 1500 seats from the NE corner of the rink to shoehorn them in. LMAO.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/coyot...0next%20season.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-10-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Wait, does that mean their 5,000 seat arena will now seat 3,500? (Obviously I didn't click the link)

There's no fu**ing way the other NHL owners are going to allow the Coyotes to play in front of a crowd that even the New-WCHA (prior to folding) raised an eyebrow at for being small.

I can't wait for the college games to outdraw the 'Yotes on a regular basis.

Just admit PHX was a mistake and move to Houston. Or give Atlanta a team back.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Wait, does that mean their 5,000 seat arena will now seat 3,500? (Obviously I didn't click the link)

There's no fu**ing way the other NHL owners are going to allow the Coyotes to play in front of a crowd that even the New-WCHA (prior to folding) raised an eyebrow at for being small.

I can't wait for the college games to outdraw the 'Yotes on a regular basis.

Just admit PHX was a mistake and move to Houston. Or give Atlanta a team back.
                              Just admit expansion was a mistake and go back to 21.

Or 6.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

And that note was clearly heard in the posted replay of the event....
                                And..............................?
                                Should I have put up a disclaimer? This'll fit in regarding dx's statement even though I heard it in the video I just posted.
                                or
                                Took a page out of Billy Smith's book. 1

1The following statement was taken directly from this video: https://youtu.be/bOFU_wvmZRQ
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X