Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Tempe won't have an arena for 3-5 years where do they play? Seems untenable.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
      If Tempe won't have an arena for 3-5 years where do they play? Seems untenable.
      Say hello to the Footprint Center! It's fabulous(ly awful) for hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Say hello to the Footprint Center! It's fabulous(ly awful) for hockey.
        Doesn’t even have an ice plant anymore.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
          If Tempe won't have an arena for 3-5 years where do they play? Seems untenable.
          Tempe - ASU with 5,000 seats

Tucson - Share with their AHL affiliate with a 6,700 hockey capacity. Lists 8,900 for the arena, but I think that's the concert set up.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Tempe - ASU with 5,000 seats

Tucson - Share with their AHL affiliate with a 6,700 hockey capacity. Lists 8,900 for the arena, but I think that's the concert set up.
            Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Seats 13,730 for hockey, though I doubt the other owners nor the players are gonna be keen on the Coyotes playing in a 13k arena with no suites for likely 5 seasons.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Seats 13,730 for hockey, though I doubt the other owners nor the players are gonna be keen on the Coyotes playing in a 13k arena with no suites for likely 5 seasons.
              Not sure if the Arizona election 'audit' will be done in time for next season.

Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

If they want to refurb this I am all in. I can walk to it from my house. It's intimate and it could really hold the noise:

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Women’s worlds have started. The scores are close(ish) but the stats are still one sided for the US and Canada

US has won both games 3-0 with SOG advantages of 58-10 and 39-10.

Canada has won 5-3 and 5-1 with 44-11 and 62-7 shot advantages.

Also, how Sweden have fallen. The only non-US/CAN team to finish top two in the Olympics back in ‘06 and now they aren’t even in the top division. And I don’t mean the top group that automatically moves to the knockout stage, I mean they aren’t even competing in this tournament.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• US women beat Japan 10-2 in the quarterfinals. Most surprising part of that score is that Japan put up 2. Canada beat the US 5-1 in group play, but the US pitched shutouts in every other game.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Denmark has qualified for the Olympics in hockey for the first time ever.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Denmark has qualified for the Olympics in hockey for the first time ever.
                        Who does that screw? Italy? Germany? Latvia?

Edit: here are the groups

Group A: United States, Canada, Germany, China

Group B: Russia, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Denmark

Group C: Finland, Sweden, Slovakia, Latvia
                        So it's Norway who gets left home.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-29-2021, 04:20 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Who does that screw? Italy? Germany? Latvia?

Edit: here are the groups

So it's Norway who gets left home.
                          So I'm assuming we can pencil in a win against China?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

So I'm assuming we can pencil in a win against China?
                            Road game. You never know.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• NHL and NHLPA agree with IIHF to an Olympic break.

The official statement does have an interestingly placed note about withdrawal due to Covid conditions.

If they do end up playing, it will be fully stacked USA and Canadian teams against a Chinese squad that last placed fourth in Division IIA in 2019.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                NHL and NHLPA agree with IIHF to an Olympic break.

The official statement does have an interestingly placed note about withdrawal due to Covid conditions.

If they do end up playing, it will be fully stacked USA and Canadian teams against a Chinese squad that last placed fourth in Division IIA in 2019.
                                So what’s the record score in Olympic hockey?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X