This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You're missing one factor: Minnesota based professional sports franchise. <-- If they can screw it up, they will.
    Well, yeah, that's a given but whatever. Sometimes you have to just take a swing.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Parise will be making calls; Suter will be taking calls.

I could see Suter skating with Alex Pietrangelo or back with Shea Weber depending on the expansion draft and FA markets.

I know there's Islanders noise associated with Parise, but depending on how the finances shake out at TBL, a run at a Cup and no income tax Florida ... a guy'd have to say hmmm ...

And the Wild have near 20% cap hit three and four seasons from now already, for guys they won't have. Ouch.
      I could maybe see a reunion with Weber, if Montreal is interested and if he wants to go there. I don't tend to see the Habs as a twilight destination for non-Quebecqois.

I doubt Vegas will happen unless he agrees to a really cheap deal, and I'm not so sure defense is the problem there.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I could maybe see a reunion with Weber, if Montreal is interested and if he wants to go there. I don't tend to see the Habs as a twilight destination for non-Quebecqois.

I doubt Vegas will happen unless he agrees to a really cheap deal, and I'm not so sure defense is the problem there.
        I'd see VGK before MTL. Why? Alex Martinez will be testing FA and VGK doesn't have the cap room. Suter could be a cost effective alternative. I doubt MTL because would Suter want to move ... countries ... at this point?
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

There were probably two years I remember where I thought they had a shot and then got buzzsawed by teams in the playoffs with ridiculous performances from certain players. Their biggest problem is the team had no sustain. I believe when the Wild signed them they overestimated greatly what they had in the pipeline. Granlund especially. He was never as good as they thought he was. If they were honest with themselves (and if Parise and Suter had been honest cause they overestimated as well) they never would have pulled the trigger on that deal.
          No arguments here. They gambled, and lost. Time to settle the bet.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

But enough about 1/6.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Poking around CapFriendly I noticed only FIVE of the expansion draft class are still with VGK: Karlsson, Marchessault, Carrier, McNabb, Fleury.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/goldenknights
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Yep. Which means the best prospect, now player, they've ever had is going to have to be hamstrung by a franchise that not only will have to overpay him (see Edmonton's problem with McDavid) but now also will not be able to surround him with other talent cause they won't have the cash.

So Minnesota. I'd be looking to play somewhere else if I were him.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Rinne retires. He was never quite the same goalie after Nashville's run to the Finals in 2017 - too many hip problems, I think.
                  Or the shoulder surgery from his 2006 assault started acting up on him.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Wings trade Panik and a 2nd (from Edmonton) for the last year of Nick Leddy's current contract.

Comment

Wings trade Panik and a 2nd (from Edmonton) for the last year of Nick Leddy's current contract.
                      Huh.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wings trade Panik and a 2nd (from Edmonton) for the last year of Nick Leddy's current contract.
                        A sh*tty defenseman with a five letter long last name that begins with L.

There's a history of those in Detroit....

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I object, Leddy isn't sh-tty. And my god he helped turned the whole show around for us so I will always be grateful.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Averages 35 pts per 82 games and aside from one horrific year of +/- he's a wash there. He's on the latter end of his career for sure but sh*tty?

Comment

• He's a lot better than Brett Lebda ever was, lol.

Comment

He's a lot better than Brett Lebda ever was, lol.
                                What about Lilja?

*edit* And Ville Leino was a forward, but I'm still including him...

*edit 2* Dave Lewis (86-88)...
                                Last edited by aparch; 07-17-2021, 12:23 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X