This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

That's what they were going to be anyway. :^)
    Not if they could play. They're only 36? Quite a few players go longer than that. Suter was still playing pretty well I thought.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Not if they could play. They're only 36? Quite a few players go longer than that. Suter was still playing pretty well I thought.
      Suter was certainly the more serviceable of the two and could have easily played on the second or third pairing, at reduced minutes, and be a valuable asset. The problem is, they will then expose Dumba to the expansion draft because Brodin and Spurgeon both are required to be protected under the draft rules.

Parise, on the other hand, had sort of worn out his welcome with the coaching staff and front office. Injuries had reduced his effectiveness and he was in the doghouse. Letting him go lets the team protect either Hartman or Rask, probably, rather than Parise who they would have been forced to protect.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I guess as a postscript to my last post, I don't think these moves happen at this point in time but for the expansion draft.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• If you're really bored and have hours to kill, you can run your own simulation of the SEA expansion draft.
          https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

It shows which players which teams must protect and which players are eligible to be picked in expansion.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I guess as a postscript to my last post, I don't think these moves happen at this point in time but for the expansion draft.
            Agree it’s all to protect certain guys. They are still effed on cap for 23-25 seasons

Comment

• Hakstol would definitely be stupid enough to take Parise. Francis I'm not sure of.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No, they're not. This next season will see about $5M hit, then they get nailed with $13M, $15M, $15M for the three years after that (ouch), then like $1.6M for four years after that.

Liked I mentioned below, I would assume moving some of it elsewhere is part of the plan.
                You can't trade it. Those are the hits until they run out.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Hakstol would definitely be stupid enough to take Parise. Francis I'm not sure of.
                  There'll be a couple teams lining up to look at Parise. Look at Jordan Stahl, Corey Perry, or a couple years ago Matt Cullen: Reliable guys to eat third line minutes. Parise fits that profile.

As far as Hak, I'd see him going after Toews or Oshie before coming for Parise.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• From what I hear Parise and Suter will have no problem finding somewhere to play. Only the Wild will suffer by taking the Cap hit.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Of course they will. They don't have the stupid contracts attached to them anymore. No one was biting when they were. An undesirable outcome was pretty much guaranteed when they offered these ridiculous terms in 2012.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

From what I hear Parise and Suter will have no problem finding somewhere to play. Only the Wild will suffer by taking the Cap hit.
                        Parise will be making calls; Suter will be taking calls.

I could see Suter skating with Alex Pietrangelo or back with Shea Weber depending on the expansion draft and FA markets.

I know there's Islanders noise associated with Parise, but depending on how the finances shake out at TBL, a run at a Cup and no income tax Florida ... a guy'd have to say hmmm ...

And the Wild have near 20% cap hit three and four seasons from now already, for guys they won't have. Ouch.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Of course they will. They don't have the stupid contracts attached to them anymore. No one was biting when they were. An undesirable outcome was pretty much guaranteed when they offered these ridiculous terms in 2012.
                          There were probably two years I remember where I thought they had a shot and then got buzzsawed by teams in the playoffs with ridiculous performances from certain players. Their biggest problem is the team had no sustain. I believe when the Wild signed them they overestimated greatly what they had in the pipeline. Granlund especially. He was never as good as they thought he was. If they were honest with themselves (and if Parise and Suter had been honest cause they overestimated as well) they never would have pulled the trigger on that deal.

Comment

Of course they will. They don't have the stupid contracts attached to them anymore. No one was biting when they were. An undesirable outcome was pretty much guaranteed when they offered these ridiculous terms in 2012.
                            And anyone paying attention at the time knew nothing good would come of it. Welcome to that day.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

And anyone paying attention at the time knew nothing good would come of it. Welcome to that day.
                              Depends. If they had been right and the players they had in the pipeline were as good as they thought they were a Cup on the shelf would have made all this just fine with me.

Comment

Depends. If they had been right and the players they had in the pipeline were as good as they thought they were a Cup on the shelf would have made all this just fine with me.
                                You're missing one factor: Minnesota based professional sports franchise. <-- If they can screw it up, they will.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X