X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Lynah Rink laughs.

I wonder if we are the steepest in the NC$$.

The only one steeper I have ever seen was the very top of the Old Gahden, where the rows broke down and they just put seats wherever they could fit them, like the top kernels in a corn cob:

The only one steeper I have ever seen was the very top of the Old Gahden
    *shudder* Those were scary. Seen one guy with a snootfull stagger halfway down then go a*s over tea kettle.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post

*shudder* Those were scary. Seen one guy with a snootfull stagger halfway down then go a*s over tea kettle.
      Greatest barn I ever went to. If Appleton and Matthews are the Son and the Holy Spirit, the Old Gahden was Zeus Himself.

I had hoped when they burned it the Bruins would be cursed for 1000 years but sadly no, the fawces of dahk are strong.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When a team does this do they take the hit all at once or can they structure it however they want? Can they Bonilla it?
        Financially it's not a great deal for the Wild. It was likely done to let them protect a couple of younger players that would otherwise have been available to Seattle.

I don't know what the cap hit will be for the coming year, but after that it's something like $6 million the next and $7+ million each of the last two. Also, I think there is some sort of penalty due to the way the contracts were initially configured so there will be a cap hit of about $1 million per year for a handful of years after the contracts would have expired.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Financially it's not a great deal for the Wild. It was likely done to let them protect a couple of younger players that would otherwise have been available to Seattle.

I don't know what the cap hit will be for the coming year, but after that it's something like $6 million the next and $7+ million each of the last two. Also, I think there is some sort of penalty due to the way the contracts were initially configured so there will be a cap hit of about $1 million per year for a handful of years after the contracts would have expired.
          So the money counts against the cap according to the way the initial contract was structured? You can't move the piles around in the buy out?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So the money counts against the cap according to the way the initial contract was structured? You can't move the piles around in the buy out?
            You can trade it. "Here's a prospect if you'll take this too." Sometimes teams with a lot of cap space will do it.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Wild buying out last four years of contracts for both suter and Parise
              And now they're in CAP Hell for the next 7 years. Good plan.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

And now they're in CAP Hell for the next 7 years. Good plan.
                No, they're not. This next season will see about $5M hit, then they get nailed with $13M, $15M, $15M for the three years after that (ouch), then like $1.6M for four years after that.

Liked I mentioned below, I would assume moving some of it elsewhere is part of the plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

You can trade it. "Here's a prospect if you'll take this too." Sometimes teams with a lot of cap space will do it.
                  This is what Vegas did right?
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

No, they're not. This next season will see about $5M hit, then they get nailed with $13M, $15M, $15M for the three years after that (ouch), then like $1.6M for four years after that.

Liked I mentioned below, I would assume moving some of it elsewhere is part of the plan.
                    Ok, so three years of CAP Hell. You know no one is going to trade for those contracts. This is Minnesota. We don't get free Cap Space like Tampa, or teams willing to take our dirty laundry contracts.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Are those figures for both Parise and Suter?
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• https://twitter.com/contribute_ee/st...75661068980226

The summed #MNWild cap penalties for buying out Zach Parise and Ryan Suter
                        21/22: $4,743,588
                        22/23: $12,743,588
                        23/24: $14,743,588
                        24/25: $14,743,588
                        25/26: $1,666,666
                        26/27: $1,666,666
                        27/28: $1,666,666
                        28/29: $1,666,666

Woof. Short of hitting home runs on every single drafted player, you have no chance to compete with 13 and 15 million dollars of dead weight for a three year period.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          13 and 15 million dollars of dead weight for a three year period.
                          That's what they were going to be anyway. :^)
                          Last edited by state of hockey; 07-13-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

This is what Vegas did right?
                            Pretty much.

The guys on NHL Radio on SiriusXM were guessing how many first round picks SEA will have after the expansion draft. --> For example, "If you take Brent Burns* off our hands in the expansion draft (and leave our other guys), we'll throw in a first round pick."

One guy figured SEA could have four firsts. Another said SEA should ask for 2022 draft firsts (better talent).

*insert your team's overpriced 30-something with 5+ years of term left on a deal
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              Are those figures for both Parise and Suter?
                              Full details (scroll about halfway to the buyout section):

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/zach-parise
                              https://www.capfriendly.com/players/ryan-suter
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Ok, so three years of CAP Hell. You know no one is going to trade for those contracts. This is Minnesota. We don't get free Cap Space like Tampa, or teams willing to take our dirty laundry contracts.
                                Moot point, I'm reading now that buyout cap can't be traded. I just figured it could.

Comment

Working...
                                X