This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

That was an epic save. Could not believe my eyes when I saw it. The set up was pretty amazing too- imagine being in the slot all by yourself with a few seconds left in the game, and the goalie totally committed to a shot- one deke and a goal for an amazing game tying goal. Only to be saved by another player....

One of the best overall plays I've seen in a while.
    Agreed. My heart sunk when he got the puck on his stick. The spin-o-rama dropped it even further, and then I was stunned (and elated) when it didn't go in. Amazing, heads-up play.

Kepler, so do we just follow the same script now as the rest of the playoffs? Fall behind 2 games to 1, but then take Game 4 at home. Win Game 5 on the road and then close out the series in Game 6? : )

It would be absolutely fitting to close out Nassau in the Stanley Cup Finals... with the Isles skating around Lord Stanley. It has been wayyyyyyyy too long.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Heckuva shot from Mayfield to tie this thing up.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Heckuva shot from Mayfield to tie this thing up.
        Contractually, I can't say anything nice about Mayfield. So I'll stick to just facts. He has scored 2 playoff goals in his career. Both have been huge goals (a game winner in a Game 7, and this one).
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Great win tonight. Friday is everything. There are no moral victories now. We belong here, and we belong in the next round.

It's right there. Just take it.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• First Kraken coach...Hak.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              First Kraken coach...Hak.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                Why is that bad? Just a Hate the Sioux thing?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Why is that bad? Just a Hate the Sioux thing?
                  He was a .500 coach with a good lineup and Claude Giroux in Philadelphia.

Now he’s gonna be a coach of an expansion team? Boo.

Plus the whole North Dakota thing.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    He was a .500 coach with a good lineup and Claude Giroux in Philadelphia.

Now he’s gonna be a coach of an expansion team? Boo.

Plus the whole North Dakota thing.
                    Were his Philly teams as prone to thuggery as his Whioux squads?

Comment

• Release the HAK-en!

I've heard whispers that names like Oshie (grew up in WA) and Toews might be "made available" for the expansion draft because of cap issues in WAS and CHI.

I predict Hak will end up like Galant with VGK: Develop the young talent but be gone in 3-5 years for a more "name" coach.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Were his Philly teams as prone to thuggery as his Whioux squads?
                        25 year old Canadians gonna 25 year old Canadian. (That's what you've told me.)
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Release the HAK-en!

I've heard whispers that names like Oshie (grew up in WA) and Toews might be "made available" for the expansion draft because of cap issues in WAS and CHI.

I predict Hak will end up like Galant with VGK: Develop the young talent but be gone in 3-5 years for a more "name" coach.
                          The same guy who would healthy scratch Oskar Lindblom to play Dale Weise is going to develop young talent?
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

25 year old Canadians gonna 25 year old Canadian. (That's what you've told me.)
                            I have?

Anyway according to both Philly fans and Toronto fans at least 9/10 comments wish Seattle good luck. One said: Hak leading them to lose first will help them build character.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I have?

Anyway according to both Philly fans and Toronto fans at least 9/10 comments wish Seattle good luck. One said: Hak leading them to lose first will help them build character.
                              This is Seattle, the Mariners have given us enough character already.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                First Kraken coach...Hak.
                                Honestly, that's probably a better choice than the other rumors - Tocchet and Quinn. But I agree he won't last more than a few years there.

Comment

Working...
                                X