NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    You can take the NHL team out of Atlanta, but you can't take Atlanta out of the Jets franchise.
    I guess they figured it worked with Calgary.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• When does EDM take a serious look at trading Dreisaitl for goaltending and defense?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        USA beats Canada 5-1. It is the largest margin of victory for the US over Canada in the World Championships or Olympics.
        And that may not be the biggest shocker so far:

KAZ has OT-W over LAT ... and FIN!

How the < bleep > did the Kazaks get the Finns to OT much less win the SO?

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2021/wm/standings/group
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          When does EDM take a serious look at trading Dreisaitl for goaltending and defense?
          Given their draft status, why have they not drafted it? They've got plenty of offensive power. They got that with McDavid.

Comment

And that may not be the biggest shocker so far:

KAZ has OT-W over LAT ... and FIN!

How the < bleep > did the Kazaks get the Finns to OT much less win the SO?

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2021/wm/standings/group
            Like 3/4 of Kazakhstan’s team already plays together on a KHL squad. That chemistry has to give them a boost on other teams, combined with weaker rosters across the board for this year’s tournament.

Plus it looks like they’re starting to naturalize players. Five or six were born in Canada or Sweden.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Given their draft status, why have they not drafted it? They've got plenty of offensive power. They got that with McDavid.
              Crosby <--> McDavid
              Malkin <--> Dreisaitl
              Flower <--> TBD?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Crosby <--> McDavid
                Malkin <--> Dreisaitl
                Flower <--> TBD?
                Seems like they are taking forever to get that last spot. Fluery was on the Pens prior to Crosby. That, and the Pens got some solid D in the late 2000's, to help Marc.

That's what I'm curious about- there has been time to deal with the obvious, but Edm hasn't. #7 for goals for, #11 for to worst goals against. Maybe I can't read stats, but that seems like a pretty horrendous hole to help with the top NHL scorer.

Comment

Seems like they are taking forever to get that last spot. Fluery was on the Pens prior to Crosby. That, and the Pens got some solid D in the late 2000's, to help Marc.

That's what I'm curious about- there has been time to deal with the obvious, but Edm hasn't. #7 for goals for, #11 for to worst goals against. Maybe I can't read stats, but that seems like a pretty horrendous hole to help with the top NHL scorer.
                  Was it here or on Twitter where someone pointed out that with VKG making the playoffs, Flower has now been in 15 straight post seasons.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Seems like they are taking forever to get that last spot. Fluery was on the Pens prior to Crosby.
                    I'd forgotten that Fluery was pre-Crosby. Makes sense though as it takes longer for goaltenders to hit stride. The PIT 3 (Flower/Gino/Kid) all hit stride about the same time.

PIT 1st Round Picks (overall)
                    2003: Fleury (1)
                    2004: Malkin (2, behind Ovechkin)
                    2005: Crosby (1)
                    2006: J Staal (2, behind E Johnson; Jonathan Toews went 3 overall to CHI, yes, PIT could've had Toews with Malkin and Crosby and Fleury)

McDavid is hitting stride and has nothing behind him for defense or goaltending.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• And now Canada is trailing Germany in the second…

They may well not make the quarterfinals at this point.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Dream tournament without Canada, Russia, the US, or Sweden.

Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Canada loses to Germany 3-1 and is now 0-3.

We might as well get our yuks in now because they’re probably still gonna win Gold in Beijing.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Send in the rats!
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Wild (Talbot, really) completely stole one to force a game six in St. Paul, Oilers and Jets going to 3OT.

Edit: Jets sweep. Three OT games in a row.
                              Last edited by state of hockey; 05-25-2021, 01:06 AM.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Vegas fans can’t be happy that the refs allowed 4 Wild goals to count.

Comment

Working...
                                X