Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And in the “Canada looks awful” department: the US leads 4-0 in the second.

The meltdowns on Twitter and Reddit are happening already. :-)
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      On a lighter note- or is it heavier- found out that the NHL player in my neighbored was served his divorce papers while exiting the rink at the end of a game. Courier threw papers at his head down the tunnel while kids were hanging over and yelling for autographs and yelled “you’ve been served” lolololol

the not funny part is the write up of all of this is public in the state court and I read all 9 pages of the current battle.
      Wait, what?
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• USA beats Canada 5-1. It is the largest margin of victory for the US over Canada in the World Championships or Olympics.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Wow, Winnipeg scores three in three minutes to tie it at 4 late in the third. Going to OT now.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Wait, what?
            Yeah a little over a year ago I was sharing a bit here about seeing their marriage really fall apart, wifey changing garage key codes on him etc .

Comment

• Also, IIHF had me start looking at the Olympics.

If the NHL does send players, there could be some real bad blowouts. Group A is Canada, USA, Germany, and China.

It's hard to tell exactly where China is currently since they haven't played any tournaments in two years, but in 2019 they were a point from being relegated to Division 2B. Connor McCavid against a team that loses to the likes of Australia and Spain? I feel like we could see some of those USSR 20-0 games they used to put up.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Wow, Winnipeg scores three in three minutes to tie it at 4 late in the third. Going to OT now.
                Collapse complete. Peg up 3-0 in the series.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Also, IIHF had me start looking at the Olympics.

If the NHL does send players, there could be some real bad blowouts. Group A is Canada, USA, Germany, and China.

It's hard to tell exactly where China is currently since they haven't played any tournaments in two years, but in 2019 they were a point from being relegated to Division 2B. Connor McCavid against a team that loses to the likes of Australia and Spain? I feel like we could see some of those USSR 20-0 games they used to put up.
                  Auston Matthews being fed by Patrick Kane.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Oilers were never gonna win the Cup with that backend.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Collapse complete. Peg up 3-0 in the series.
                      Have they ever advanced?

Not just this incarnation, but either?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Have they ever advanced?

The current Jets definitely have, in 2018. They stomped the Wild and beat the Predators, eventually losing to Vegas in the conference finals.

I guess the original Jets advanced to the second round twice, in 85 and 87. Both times they beat the Flames in round one, lost to the Oilers in round two.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Have they ever advanced?

Conference finals against Vegas 3 years back. I know, I forgot too.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Conference finals against Vegas 3 years back. I know, I forgot too.
                            I guess because Vegas was the only story that year. I don't even remember who beat Vegas. Was that the Caps Cup?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Any team the sends the Capitals packing is pretty ok by me.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I guess because Vegas was the only story that year. I don't even remember who beat Vegas. Was that the Caps Cup?
                                Yes.

And 2017-18 was the first time the Jets 2.0 franchise had made it past the first round. Until that Western Conference final run, they were 0-for-8, being swept by the Ducks in the 2015 playoffs, and the Rangers (as the Thrashers) in the 2007 playoffs.

You can take the NHL team out of Atlanta, but you can't take Atlanta out of the Jets franchise.

Jets 1.0 had two first found wins, but lost in the Division finals in 85 and 87.
                                Last edited by aparch; 05-24-2021, 08:08 AM.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X