This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIHF Worlds start today.

Russia is competing under the Russian Olympic Committee name due to sanctions from the doping scandal, which seems like an odd compromise.

It’s like SMU football having to play under SMU Athletic Department. If anything the name is even closer to the problem than before.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Last night's game was definitely more of your typical Minnesota playoff game than the previous one. Oy.
      It was as Minnesota as it gets.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        IIHF Worlds start today.

Russia is competing under the Russian Olympic Committee name due to sanctions from the doping scandal, which seems like an odd compromise.

It’s like SMU football having to play under SMU Athletic Department. If anything the name is even closer to the problem than before.
        Gotta have those sweet, sweet Putin rubles in the IIHF Swiss accounts...
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Also, the rosters at the IIHF Worlds are ****ing terrible. Even the Euro teams couldn't get very many NHL guys.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Also, the rosters at the IIHF Worlds are ****ing terrible. Even the Euro teams couldn't get very many NHL guys.
            And one of the collegiate guys USA Hockey wanted (Sanderson, UND) had a passport paperwork issue and is home.

Source: https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/sta...28745878106120
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It was as Minnesota as it gets.
              Taking a 3-0 lead and turning it into a 5-2 loss…
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Also, the rosters at the IIHF Worlds are ****ing terrible. Even the Euro teams couldn't get very many NHL guys.
                That may have played a part in Latvia's 2-0 win over Canada today. Still not much of an excuse, Latvia has zero NHLers compared to Canada's 21 + Owen Power.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

That may have played a part in Latvia's 2-0 win over Canada today. Still not much of an excuse, Latvia has zero NHLers compared to Canada's 21 + Owen Power.
                  Latvia is also balls out cool. And they have amazing puck bunnies.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And now Sweden loses to Denmark 4-3.

US might actually be getting bailed out by playing Finland first…
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Took me a sec to get it: https://imgur.com/gallery/Q6XOhbA

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Took me a sec to get it: https://imgur.com/gallery/Q6XOhbA
                        I don’t even have words…
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And now Sweden loses to Denmark 4-3.

US might actually be getting bailed out by playing Finland first…
                          USA lost 2-1. Latvia followed up their win over Canada with a 3-2 OT loss to Kazakhstan.

It's only been two days, and six teams only have one game played, but the top four in Group B are Germany, Latvia, Finland, and Kazakhstan.

Over in Group A, the Czechs got beat by Switzerland and are now 0-2.

This is the year to be down, though. With the lower divisions canceled there won't be any relegation.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Kazakhstan gets another shootout win. This time over Finland.

No matter the USA-Canada result, that'll guarantee after two games the top four in Group B:
                            Germany - 6 pts
                            Kazakhstan - 4 pts
                            Latvia - 4 pts
                            Finland - 4 pts

And over in Group A, Belarus takes down the Swedes, making them 0-2 for the tournament.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

This is the year to be down, though. With the lower divisions canceled there won't be any relegation.
                              This is probably the big reason for the upsets. Most of the Big 6 are free rolling this tournament with the Olympics next year, the playoffs starting so late and, of course, COVID.

Sweden looks awful, Czechs and Finns look absolutely bored, US is playing kids, and Canada looks awful too.

US-Canada playing right now though.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• On a lighter note- or is it heavier- found out that the NHL player in my neighbored was served his divorce papers while exiting the rink at the end of a game. Courier threw papers at his head down the tunnel while kids were hanging over and yelling for autographs and yelled “you’ve been served” lolololol

the not funny part is the write up of all of this is public in the state court and I read all 9 pages of the current battle.
                                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-23-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X