This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

I didn't want to have the "should we keep Blashill or not" discussion. Mostly because I don't really know my answer to that question. But hopefully the Wings get the first pick!
    I already know what the board at Let's Go Wings is saying.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

I already know what the board at Let's Go Wings is saying.
      Duh, they're saying Obama caused gas prices to spike.

(I have never been on that board.)
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• aparch has more info, but remember how we sometimes get "Fire X Coach" threads here? That's them, exponentially worse. And for what I understand, they expect Yzerman, Federov, and the 1997 team to walk back through the door and lead the Wings back to GLORY.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          aparch has more info, but remember how we sometimes get "Fire X Coach" threads here? That's them, exponentially worse. And for what I understand, they expect Yzerman, Federov, and the 1997 team to walk back through the door and lead the Wings back to GLORY.
          When they showed the massive number of injuries during the last game- it's almost a miracle that they did so much better than last year. And that was even with dumping Mantha- who is doing really well with DC.

Comment

• Yzerman announced that they have sh*tcanned Jeff Blashill.

Wait, wait, he has *renewed* Jeff Blashill but refused to announce the length of the renewal. I would imagine that he's on double secret probation. Prove himself and he'll stay, tank with this team again and he'll be out.

I can only imagine the meltdown LetsGoWings is having. I may need to log in for the first time in like five years.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Yzerman announced that they have sh*tcanned Jeff Blashill.

Wait, wait, he has *renewed* Jeff Blashill but refused to announce the length of the renewal. I would imagine that he's on double secret probation. Prove himself and he'll stay, tank with this team again and he'll be out.

I can only imagine the meltdown LetsGoWings is having. I may need to log in for the first time in like five years.
              At 6 seasons he is 3rd in tenure in the NHL. Hes 6th in wins for red wings all time. Coaching carousel indeed.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post

At 6 seasons he is 3rd in tenure in the NHL. Hes 6th in wins for red wings all time. Coaching carousel indeed.
                  To be honest, I was sorta hoping for this. It's not like his pedigree is terrible, I just felt he was dealt a couple bad hands thanks to Ken Holland.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• So Stevey Y knows the oldest joke in the book:

How do you keep a bunch of jamokes in suspense?

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    ... refused to announce the length of the renewal.
                    He'll tell ya tomorrow. :-D

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

To be honest, I was sorta hoping for this. It's not like his pedigree is terrible, I just felt he was dealt a couple bad hands thanks to Ken Holland.
                      This is where I am too. Blashill hasn't done anything in Detroit, but he was given nothing to start with. If Yzerman thinks Blashill isn't his guy then Yzerman gets more wiggle room to get the coach he wants (was who he wanted unavailable right now?) If next season isn't good enough then he is fired with no complaints. The Wings job looks more appealing than many of the other rebuilds around the league.
                      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

Do the people on LetsGoWings really think a coaching change will help??? Between the very young team and the massive number of injuries, I don't see even Scotty Bowman being able to do much.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Do the people on LetsGoWings really think a coaching change will help??? Between the very young team and the massive number of injuries, I don't see even Scotty Bowman being able to do much.
                          I agree with this Tweet

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I agree with this Tweet
                            I actually didn't know the raw numbers- for either the KH issue or the current position. Looks good for the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I actually didn't know the raw numbers- for either the KH issue or the current position. Looks good for the future.
                              Holland left Yzerman with such an effing mess that retaining Blash for another year is among the least of this team's concerns right now, and frankly is probably for the best. He did get them to the playoffs in his first year ('15-'16), which wasn't exactly a cakewalk considering Lidstrom was gone, Zetterberg and Kronwall were shadows of themselves by that point, and Datsyuk had one foot aboard a plane back to Russia for most of that season.

Comment

• The Wild blew a late 1-goal lead and lost a chance to go up 2 games to 0 in a playoff series ever. At least they still have a chance to win the series but local playoff futility in the TC is so bad I have to wonder when a goat is going to be sacrificed.

The Vikings haven't won 2 consecutive playoff games since 1987, and before that it was 1976.

The Twins have lost 1,245 straight playoff games to the Yankmees.

The Timberwolves?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Comment

Working...
                                X