This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He didn't get fired for that. He got fired for being dumb enough to say it in an age of panopticon surveillance.

Can you imagine what the refs thought of the Flyers in the mid 70s?
    I get it... But that is also a strategy of game management. JJ will agree with me on this: Sometimes you need to call something petty early to establish something that will payout later in the game. It's an officiating strategy that could be on the table. That very well could be what happened here.

The comment on itself seems like "The Fix" is on, but reality is that it was probably part of a larger plan to keep things under control.

Thats the side of officiating that the general public has no idea that it happens... Game Management is quite the skill to take on, learn, and execute. And the NHL guys are the best on the planet in executing this for hockey.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I get it... But that is also a strategy of game management.
      That's my point. Every ref in history has done it. It isn't corrupt. If it's "biased" it's biased towards keeping the game from becoming a sham.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's my point. Every ref in history has done it. It isn't corrupt. If it's "biased" it's biased towards keeping the game from becoming a sham.
        Ah, ok... I misread the statement then. My bad.

Comment

• March 26, 1997. Best regular season moment as a Red Wings fan.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Man, I forgot that Deadmarsh could brawl.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              Man, I forgot that Deadmarsh could brawl.
              Him, Foote, and Severyn were all bruisers. Severyn was a straight-up thug.

Comment

• Most of the Canucks' roster has Covid currently

More than half of Vancouver Canucks' players test positive for COVID-19, source says (espn.com)
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  I really don’t understand why they wouldn’t just cancel the rest of their season. They are roughly 10 points from a playoff spot(it’s fewer than 10 but the team in front of them has three games in hand) and there is only a month of the season left. It seems like the common sense thing to do.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I really don’t understand why they wouldn’t just cancel the rest of their season. They are roughly 10 points from a playoff spot(it’s fewer than 10 but the team in front of them has three games in hand) and there is only a month of the season left. It seems like the common sense thing to do.
                    They can't. The NHL controls those decisions, they're just a franchise.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

It's a tough spot. So the teams they play get free points via the forfeit? How will that affect seeding and whatnot?

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

It's a tough spot. So the teams they play get free points via the forfeit? How will that affect seeding and whatnot?
                        I would rework the schedule so the other six teams end the season with the same number of games. It looks pretty clearcut which four teams make the playoffs which would make it easier for Vancouver to throw in the towel.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I don't know what it is, but all white uniforms are just not pleasant to try to watch a game. Don't like it with the Stars, didn't like it with the Leafs, didn't like it when Michigan did it for the ND Stadium game.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            I don't know what it is, but all white uniforms are just not pleasant to try to watch a game. Don't like it with the Stars, didn't like it with the Leafs, didn't like it when Michigan did it for the ND Stadium game.
                            I think it is just white and green that is offensive. ;-)

They don't have enough green in the sweater to make it look good. I get the same feeling I do when I see a game at Eastern Michigan and their (f)ugly grey field. It makes the eye strain too much to feel pleasant.
                            Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Sounds like NBC is out and Turner (via TNT) is in.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I wish it were the North Stars, but at least the Wild at present give MN fans something to look forward to for now. And a rookie that's actually worth a damn? I didn't know that was even allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X