This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Keep piling it on. Can't beat the Rangers by enough...
    And the script was reversed the next day. :-)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      The IIHF finally came to it’s senses and has pulled the 2021 World Championship from Belarus. New host TBD.
      I guess I missed something. What was the issue with Belarus?
      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

I guess I missed something. What was the issue with Belarus?
        https://www.politico.eu/article/bela...ecurity-fears/
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
          What was the issue with Belarus?
          Pretty much everything. It's a client state of Czar Vladimir I's new Russian Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Pretty much everything. It's a client state of Czar Vladimir I's new Russian Empire.
            Godd-mn Ruthenians!

Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Politico article also leaves out that the president of Belarus' hockey federation was banned from entering Latvia due to sanctions and he's currently under investigation by the IIHF for the involvement in the killing of a protester. And not as in he ordered it. As in he my have committed the actual murder.

It's probably best to host everything in one location anyway given Covid.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                The Politico article also leaves out that the president of Belarus' hockey federation was banned from entering Latvia due to sanctions and he's currently under investigation by the IIHF for the involvement in the killing of a protester. And not as in he ordered it. As in he my have committed the actual murder.

It's probably best to host everything in one location anyway given Covid.
                Yeah this is probably the biggest thing that contributed to the sponsors threatening to pull out. Skoda (aka VW) was likely the biggest threat, they've been a lead IIHF sponsor for decades.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I find it strange when two of my interests interact...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

That looks more like Cthulhu than the Kraken.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That looks more like Cthulhu than the Kraken.
                      This is Cthulhu.

Edit: Better art.
                      Last edited by Jimjamesak; 01-19-2021, 09:44 PM.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Oh yeah. I forgot that was Belarus.

Can't keep track of all the countries who dispute elections...
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

John Ourand

@Ourand_SBJ
                          NBC has told distributors and some sports leagues that it plans to shut down its NBCSN sports channel by the end of the year. Story coming in SBD
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Isn’t the US TV contract up soon, like after this season or next?

I’ve heard the NHL wants to get away from NBC.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I heard just the opposite: that NBC could not wait to dump the N.

Isn't NBCSN folding or something? Everything Bettman touches dies?

Edit: 1 post lower down. LOL, I am very attentive...
                              Cornell University

Comment

ESPN has been rumored to want it back, and Buccigross has been dropping a lot of hints on Twitter.

So ESPN will have NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA everything, three tennis majors, and basically every non PL soccer league.

NBC will have NFL, Notre Dame football, Premier League, NASCAR, horse racing, golf, and the French Open.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X