Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry to see BOS and TOR lose.

    Rooting precedence order:

    1. Islanders
    2. Canada
    3. Original Six
    4. Pre-1980 teams that have never moved
    5. Everybody else except
    6. The South
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • My imagination or was there a sh-tload of first round OT games the last few years and nearly none this year?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • The interference call on Tavares' potential tying goal was a bit rough for a Game 7.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          The interference call on Tavares' potential tying goal was a bit rough for a Game 7.
          Really? I thought that was a super obvious pick and was happy to see it called.
          the state of hockey is good

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            My imagination or was there a sh-tload of first round OT games the last few years and nearly none this year?
            I have paid little attention to the NHL this season because both of the teams I root for were out of it by Thanksgiving, but I know scoring was up this year. In fact I think the goals per game was the highest it has been since the last time the Rangers won the Cup, and whenever anyone mentions something hasn't happened since the Rangers won the Cup, you know that's been a looooong time. More scoring would seem to track with fewer overtime games. It seems like the depths of the scoring also coincided with the rise of double and triple OT games.

            Comment


            • Love seeing Boston and Pittsburgh out

              Comment


              • C'mon Calgary, let's end Dallas' season and all will be OK for now.

                Comment


                • As much as I despise anything Pittsburgh except possibly the pathetic Pirates who are perennially putrid the Pengooins second goal was sick.

                  http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=33924919
                  A bad cause requires many words.

                  Comment


                  • Missed the games yesterday, and while I know there is no loved loss with the pens loss, I also know how much bad calls bother this board- so is it safe to think the penalty that won the series for the Rangers was a good one?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      Another season, another 1st round Leafs elimination
                      The Clarkson of the NHL.

                      And Coaching Carousel updates
                      Lane Lambert in on the Island
                      Pete DeBoer out in Vegas
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                      ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

                      Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                      I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

                        I have paid little attention to the NHL this season because both of the teams I root for were out of it by Thanksgiving, but I know scoring was up this year. In fact I think the goals per game was the highest it has been since the last time the Rangers won the Cup, and whenever anyone mentions something hasn't happened since the Rangers won the Cup, you know that's been a looooong time. More scoring would seem to track with fewer overtime games. It seems like the depths of the scoring also coincided with the rise of double and triple OT games.
                        Makes sense.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                          Missed the games yesterday, and while I know there is no loved loss with the pens loss, I also know how much bad calls bother this board- so is it safe to think the penalty that won the series for the Rangers was a good one?
                          Full disclosure -- I'm a Rangers fan.

                          The Rangers player had a breakaway, and the Pittsburgh played wrapped both his arms around the Ranger player. It wasn't a bear hug nor did he pull him down. It seemed he tried to be as subtle as possible. But he did impede the player. And it was a breakaway. So the ref really had no choice. The commentators wondered whether they were going to call a penalty shot.

                          I didn't notice too much complaining from the offending player or the bench.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

                            Full disclosure -- I'm a Rangers fan.

                            The Rangers player had a breakaway, and the Pittsburgh played wrapped both his arms around the Ranger player. It wasn't a bear hug nor did he pull him down. It seemed he tried to be as subtle as possible. But he did impede the player. And it was a breakaway. So the ref really had no choice. The commentators wondered whether they were going to call a penalty shot.

                            I didn't notice too much complaining from the offending player or the bench.
                            Could have been a season saving penalty, just worked out to not be…. Thanks.

                            Comment


                            • Islanders fan, here. Congratulations to the Rangers and good luck.

                              Rooting order for remainder:

                              1. Calgary
                              2. Edmonton
                              3. NY Rangers
                              4. St. Louis
                              5. Colorado (moved, fuck them)

                              Giant Meteor

                              Carolina (South, fuck them)
                              Tampa Bay (South, fuck them)
                              Florida (South, fuck them)
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Islanders fan, here. Congratulations to the Rangers and good luck.

                                Rooting order for remainder:

                                1. Calgary
                                2. Edmonton
                                3. NY Rangers
                                4. St. Louis
                                5. Colorado (moved, fuck them)

                                Giant Meteor

                                Carolina (South, fuck them)
                                Tampa Bay (South, fuck them)
                                Florida (South, fuck them)
                                No real rooting interest in any NHL team but I wouldn't mind seeing Johnny Hockey get a ring.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X