Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • From NHL Player Safety:

    Will Smith was fined $5,000, the maximum amount allowed, for the punch he threw at Chris Rock. Smith was not penalized on the play.

    Brad Marchand has been suspended 10 games for watching video of the altercation.

    Comment


    • Wings gave up 11 tonight to Pittsburgh.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        From NHL Player Safety:

        Will Smith was fined $5,000, the maximum amount allowed, for the punch he threw at Chris Rock. Smith was not penalized on the play.

        Brad Marchand has been suspended 10 games for watching video of the altercation.
        Marchand should have gotten more.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          Marchand should have gotten more.
          This.

          Comment


          • PHF (evidently no longer the NWHL) championship is on ESPN2. How is this league affording 750k salary caps when its championship is being held in a rink that seats ~1000.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

            1966, 1986, 2007

            Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

            Comment


            • Al Sobotka has been terminated by the Wings, reasons not given.

              Was with the organization 51 years.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

              Comment


              • If it was retirement, they would have said so. If it was a substance abuse problem he would have been on leave.

                Seems he did something inappropriate....
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                Live Radio from 100.3

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  If it was retirement, they would have said so. If it was a substance abuse problem he would have been on leave.

                  Seems he did something inappropriate....
                  And no one's talking. I know the ice at the Big Pizza Box has been poor recently, but that can't be all on Al.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

                    And no one's talking. I know the ice at the Big Pizza Box has been poor recently, but that can't be all on Al.
                    They had the place designed before inviting the Pistons to join them. Rumor is they failed to upgrade the ice plant to account for the basketball court.

                    Comment


                    • Even a new goalie can't fix the Wild's abysmal play vs the Predators this year. Outscored like 17-6 in 3 games.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

                      Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

                      Comment


                      • Is this a legal hit? I was under the impression that if you left the ice, or launched yourself, that was a no-no.

                        https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/sta...29967014420485
                        A bad cause requires many words.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Is this a legal hit? I was under the impression that if you left the ice, or launched yourself, that was a no-no.

                          https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/sta...29967014420485
                          As much as I hate Marchand, I think it's legal. He didn't leave the ice (his one foot is down the entire time), and he didn't go headhunting, the shoulder was at chest level, the other guy just was in an unfortunate position.

                          Comment


                          • Agreed. I hate Marchand, but that is clean.
                            the state of hockey is good

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                              Even a new goalie can't fix the Wild's abysmal play vs the Predators this year. Outscored like 17-6 in 3 games.
                              Just giving them a false sense of security if we end up paying them in the postseason. Same goes for the Blues.
                              the state of hockey is good

                              Comment


                              • Ryan Hartman and Evander Kane went at it last night. Hartman flipped him off as he was being dragged away and was fined today.

                                fans found Hartman on Venmo, and have been donating. It appears kanes ex wife is one of them lol

                                https://twitter.com/spokedz/status/1...G_8pWZgSAad4eA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X