Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot they don’t even have a plan for next year, either. Their best options in Arizona are a couple 6k arenas.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      I forgot they don’t even have a plan for next year, either. Their best options in Arizona are a couple 6k arenas.
      It's looking a lot like the current plan is, "Quit paying our bills, milk it dry, hide the money we stole, and find a buyer."

Comment

• They're gonna rent out ASU's barn next year!
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Just move them to ****ing Houston already.

(No, they’re not going to Quebec)
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Just move them to ****ing Houston already.

I thought it was Hamilton?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought it was Hamilton?
              Bettman is still ****ed they're in Canada at all at this point.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

It's looking a lot like the current plan is, "Quit paying our bills, milk it dry, hide the money we stole, and find a buyer."
                Dump owns them?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Bettman is still ****ed they're in Canada at all at this point.
                  Until Sportsnet makes another payment on their ridiculously overpriced contract.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I don't think they move East or to Canada. I do like to think about who would move to the western conference if they did go to Quebec, though. I'd guess Detroit or Columbus, both of whom would pitch a fit with the west coast road trips.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Just move them to ****ing Houston already.

QC and Hamilton aren't getting squat. Houston is the biggest remaining market that doesn't have an NHL team, and there have been previous discussions and a couple of attempts to move a team there, so you are likely correct.

Comment

• Houston certainly has a large enough TV market but it is SOUTH SOUTH Texas.

Why not Portland? (surely there must be a reason I guess if they're not there already but it's west coast and they're Top 25 for market).

Perhaps it's the same for Salt Lake.

Kansas City? Austin?

Comment

• It’s either Houston or Kansas City, and Houston is the larger TV market.

SLC is way too small and I don’t think the NHL wants to go full Cascadia. Plus Portland throws off the division alignment.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It’s either Houston or Kansas City, and Houston is the larger TV market.

SLC is way too small and I don’t think the NHL wants to go full Cascadia. Plus Portland throws off the division alignment.
                            Not saying you're wrong that it won't happen, but SLC is a bigger market than Columbus, KC, LV, Buffalo and right behind Nashville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Not saying you're wrong that it won't happen, but SLC is a bigger market than Columbus, KC, LV, Buffalo and right behind Nashville.
                              Fair enough.

SLC’s problem is the lack of a suitable arena. TAFKAT Delta Center (I have no idea what it’s current name is) is not arranged for hockey and would be worse than Barclays and The E Center is nowhere near big enough.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Plus Portland throws off the division alignment.
                                I think they'd just move Vegas to the central, honestly.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X