Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aparch View Post

    That was the lead up/teardown from the Olympics, wasn't it?
    Correct.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

    Comment


    • Kyle beach reveals himself as John Doe

      Comment


      • As far as I'm concerned, anyone in that meeting where they discussed the allegations and chose to cover them up should never work in the NHL again. Bowman, Quenneville, Cheveldayoff - all of them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          As far as I'm concerned, anyone in that meeting where they discussed the allegations and chose to cover them up should never work in the NHL again. Bowman, Quenneville, Cheveldayoff - all of them.
          Some eyebrows being raised about Keith's claim that not only did he not know about it, but also that he didn't interact with the offender. Uh, he was the video coach and you were an alternate captain.
          the state of hockey is good

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            As far as I'm concerned, anyone in that meeting where they discussed the allegations and chose to cover them up should never work in the NHL again. Bowman, Quenneville, Cheveldayoff - all of them.
            Frankly, Bettman could salvage some reputation by suspending all of them.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • They let Quenneville coach last night, then let him skip out on the press conference.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


              Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                They let Quenneville coach last night, then let him skip out on the press conference.
                Typical NHL. So Typical.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • Add the Minnesota Wild to the fallout from the results of the Blackhawks report. https://***********/rwesthead/status...93284384190472


                  Also, Notre Dame (who hosted training camps for the Blackhawks AND where assaulter Brad Aldrich worked from 2010 to 2012 after being dismissed by the Hawks after winning the Stanley Cup) refuse to be forthcoming with information. https://***********/KatieJStrang/sta...55554282655750

                  Which seems totally on brand for Notre Dame.


                  Miami University, and then Redhawk coach and current St. Thomas University coach Enrico Blasi, have also released limited information regarding Aldrich's time with the Redhawks.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                  Live Radio from 100.3

                  Comment


                  • I'm betting that much of the sporting world thinks what happened in Chicago is completely unique to hockey- but it was not long ago that multiple reports from multiple leagues had teenagers being abused by adults.

                    Seems like instead of just shaming Chicago and the fallout, we should be looking into more places to get this out of all sport. Which means holding these people far more responsible than is happening right now. Hopefully SI and ESPN will get on them quite a bit.

                    Comment


                    • That's been a story in Minnesota for a while. Not related to the Blackhawks thing at all. Also, it has been shown numerous times that the report against the Penguins didn't even include Guerin. He was told about it, and a week later the guy didn't have a job.
                      the state of hockey is good

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        That's been a story in Minnesota for a while. Not related to the Blackhawks thing at all. Also, it has been shown numerous times that the report against the Penguins didn't even include Guerin. He was told about it, and a week later the guy didn't have a job.
                        Russo's reporting on it indicates Guerin is in the clear here.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • Toews: Stan and Al are good guys.

                          Tell me you’re from Winnipeg and went to North Dakota without telling me you’re from Winnipeg and went to North Dakota.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

                          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Which seems totally on brand for Notre Dame.
                            As shady as Our Lady of South Bend can be at times, if this, "We don't provide personnel records to third parties without a subpoena", is their stance that is the prudent legal position.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                            North Dakota Hockey:

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                              Seems like instead of just shaming Chicago and the fallout, we should be looking into more places to get this out of all sport.
                              Or is this the first "looking into" of many and the USA Gymnastics disaster was the trigger.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

                              North Dakota Hockey:

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

                                Or is this the first "looking into" of many and the USA Gymnastics disaster was the trigger.
                                There are plenty of events that happened prior to that to be a trigger- Pedo State was so bad, it was a major trigger- IIRC, that's also when the first reports from Jr Hockey abuse came out.

                                But to call it a "trigger" is also pretty sad, as it should not take a "trigger" to have gotten this ended. It's pretty shocking to hear how many people ignored male athletes here at Michigan from the 70-90's.

                                And to pretend that this is some kind of new thing is pretty naive. It's just that it's finally being exposed for the evil it is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X