Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's still a Stanley Cup from the city and it's nice to honor the history for the city.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Weird. It was a different team and a different league. Still not as dumb as the Wild retiring the number 1 for the fans and putting up a stupid banner for it, I guess.

      Edit: I do enjoy how the opponent for this banner raising is the Canadiens, who were also the team the Metropolitans defeated for it.
      They sort of did that too. Retired 32 for being the 32nd franchise and having 32k depositors.

      I’m surprised the schedule balance is already out of whack this early. The Kraken played five games (all on the road) before some played three, and now Seattle has only played two in a week. Most of the league is at six or seven played, but the Bruins and Flyers are only at four.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

      1966, 1986, 2007

      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

      Comment


      • Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Weird. It was a different team and a different league.
        Sorta like the Ottawa Senators having banners for the original and unrelated Senators franchise Stanley Cup wins?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          It's still a Stanley Cup from the city and it's nice to honor the history for the city.
          I like it. I wish we could do more North Stars stuff here but of course our history was kind of erased because the franchise and name was moved entirely to Dallas. Thus, Dallas owns all the rights to the North Stars name and legacy, not Minnesota.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aparch View Post

            Sorta like the Ottawa Senators having banners for the original and unrelated Senators franchise Stanley Cup wins?
            Kiss of death for that franchise.

            Comment


            • Which happens later:

              The last winless (CHI, ARI) finally wins (not tie, win), or
              The last unblemished (FLA, CAR, STL, EDM) finally loses a point.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

              North Dakota Hockey:

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                I’m surprised the schedule balance is already out of whack this early. The Kraken played five games (all on the road) before some played three, and now Seattle has only played two in a week. Most of the league is at six or seven played, but the Bruins and Flyers are only at four.
                I think the Isles are playing their first 13 games or so on the road.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                  I like it. I wish we could do more North Stars stuff here but of course our history was kind of erased because the franchise and name was moved entirely to Dallas. Thus, Dallas owns all the rights to the North Stars name and legacy, not Minnesota.
                  Don't the Timberwolves have some Minneapolis Lakers banners up? I feel like I recall seeing one the last time I was at Target Center.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

                    I think the Isles are playing their first 13 games or so on the road.
                    Do they have some event they're hosting? San Jose usually has a road trip in February because of a circus or something like that
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


                    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bronconick View Post

                      Do they have some event they're hosting? San Jose usually has a road trip in February because of a circus or something like that
                      Arena isn’t done yet.

                      The Rangers have also had to schedule around the circus in the past. And the Spurs usually get bumped for two or three weeks every year for the rodeo.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

                      1966, 1986, 2007

                      Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

                      Comment


                      • That's common for a lot of teams... The Chicago Blackhawks and Bulls had a 2-week roadie each Nov. before Thanksgiving when Ringling Bros. was around and another 10 day trip in February for Disney on Ice.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                        Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                        Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                        Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

                          Arena isn’t done yet.

                          The Rangers have also had to schedule around the circus in the past. And the Spurs usually get bumped for two or three weeks every year for the rodeo.
                          And for decades the Blackhawks and Bulls made a "circus" road trip for two plus weeks away from the United Center as Barnum and Bailey set up camp over the winter.

                          And the Wings routinely made a two week "west coast" trip to save time/energy from flying to/from Detroit for pacific time zone games

                          *edit* Raceboarder just beat me to the Chicago description.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                          Live Radio from 100.3

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

                            Don't the Timberwolves have some Minneapolis Lakers banners up? I feel like I recall seeing one the last time I was at Target Center.
                            They have one that lists MPLS Lakers that are in the HOF.

                            Wild leave for a week or so for the high school tournaments.
                            the state of hockey is good

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bronconick View Post

                              Do they have some event they're hosting? San Jose usually has a road trip in February because of a circus or something like that
                              As noted previously, their arena is finishing up.

                              Crazy enough, the 13-game road trip is only the second longest in NHL history.

                              The Canucks hold the record with a 14-game road trip in 2010 (and went 8-5-1).

                              San Jose is third on the list, as they had a 12-game road trip last season.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

                                The Canucks hold the record with a 14-game road trip in 2010 (and went 8-5-1).
                                That was the lead up/teardown from the Olympics, wasn't it?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                                Live Radio from 100.3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X