Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm not shocked.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      Evander Kane's wife has just publically accused him of gambling on his own games...

      https://twitter.com/Bradm14/status/1421593324734099463
      Whew it’s getting messy. She’s accused him of cheating on her and has named his mistress, says he’s not paying for stuff for his own kids, and the wife is preggo.

      yowzers

      Comment


      • He's now come out and said he's been working on divorcing her and she's just bitter.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


        • Quebec City???

          https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/glendal...-season/sn-amp
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Houston.

            It’s why they moved them to the Central.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Portland to give Seattle a whipping boy/rival?
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

              Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

              Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

              Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

              Comment


              • Yeah, they aren't moving east. Least of all to Quebec.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Yeah, they aren't moving east. Least of all to Quebec.
                  They may move east...just not that far east. Portland or San Diego would really be the only options west of them...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

                  Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

                  Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

                  Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                    Portland to give Seattle a whipping boy/rival?
                    Vancouver will likely fit that role already.

                    (Poor Vancouver, always the third wheel in the Cascadia rivalry)
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • Is the talk about Houston legit? I do not see that working out long term. It'll be very similar to the Panthers I think.

                      Were the Aero's decent draws when they were there?
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                      Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                      Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                      Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                        Portland to give Seattle a whipping boy/rival?
                        I do not believe Portland has the size to support a team at NHL prices, merch sales, and general folderol. It's an extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable market and hockey has deep, deep roots there, but there just are not enough people to make it cost effective.

                        If we did get a team it would complete an extremely cool corridor from Vancouver to San Jose, rivaling the Acela Corridor in rivalry. The 2 SoCal teams are their own thing and not connected to the PNW culture -- they are spiritually connected to Vegas.

                        Do you agree, Jim? If we did have that corridor maybe someday we could add Anchorage. It's only going to get more attractive and larger as the heat rises. Who knows, it could be > 1M by 2100.

                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-20-2021, 04:27 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Is the talk about Houston legit? I do not see that working out long term. It'll be very similar to the Panthers I think.

                          Were the Aero's decent draws when they were there?
                          Similar to Florida, I don't think Texas can support two NHL teams without lots of league welfare. All of the transplants from cold states that continue to pour into Texas every year does help a bit, but obviously they tend to continue to support the teams they grew up with and only show up for games involving their team. Football is king in Texas and you're never going to change that, even if you build a perennial winner there.

                          If you're looking for a city with a pro sports market that has not yet been fully tapped, a reasonable interest level in hockey (WHL Winterhawks have a good history there), and a built-in rival (Seattle), then I think Portland is it. The problem is that the only suitable arena that I'm aware of is the Trail Blazers' venue, Moda Center, which is owned and operated by the same company that owns the Trail Blazers (all part of Paul Allen's estate/trust). So even if you could work out a tenancy agreement, the Blazers are likely going to insist on having top billing and first rights for scheduling.

                          Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                          I do not believe Portland has the size to support a team at NHL prices, merch sales, and general folderol. It's an extremely enthusiastic and knowledgeable market and hockey has deep, deep roots there, but there just are not enough people to make it cost effective.

                          If we did get a team it would complete an extremely cool corridor from Vancouver to San Jose, rivaling the Acela Corridor in rivalry. The 2 SoCal teams are their own thing and not connected to the PNW culture -- they are spiritually connected to Vegas.

                          Do you agree, Jim? If we did have that corridor maybe someday we could add Anchorage. It's only going to get more attractive and larger as the heat rises. Who knows, it could be > 1M by 2100.
                          If the glaciers keep melting at their current pace, Anchorage will be underwater by 2100.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                            Similar to Florida, I don't think Texas can support two NHL teams without lots of league welfare. All of the transplants from cold states that continue to pour into Texas every year does help a bit, but obviously they tend to continue to support the teams they grew up with and only show up for games involving their team. Football is king in Texas and you're never going to change that, even if you build a perennial winner there.

                            If you're looking for a city with a pro sports market that has not yet been fully tapped, a reasonable interest level in hockey (WHL Winterhawks have a good history there), and a built-in rival (Seattle), then I think Portland is it. The problem is that the only suitable arena that I'm aware of is the Trail Blazers' venue, Moda Center, which is owned and operated by the same company that owns the Trail Blazers (all part of Paul Allen's estate/trust). So even if you could work out a tenancy agreement, the Blazers are likely going to insist on having top billing and first rights for scheduling.



                            If the glaciers keep melting at their current pace, Anchorage will be underwater by 2100.
                            I thought it was one of those cities like Honolulu where the land rises fast as you move from the beach and most of the city is safe.

                            I guess they can all move inland to Fairbanks when it was Virginia's climate.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

                              Similar to Florida, I don't think Texas can support two NHL teams without lots of league welfare. All of the transplants from cold states that continue to pour into Texas every year does help a bit, but obviously they tend to continue to support the teams they grew up with and only show up for games involving their team.
                              Reminds me of my favorite Kings story. After a couple years of expansion novelty, their attendance plummeted despite some decent teams. The NHL was upset because one reason they chose the city was it had the largest population of ex-pat Canadians in the US, even larger than Chicago. So they did a survey and the result was essentially, "did it ever occur to you why we left?"
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                The problem is that the only suitable arena that I'm aware of is the Trail Blazers' venue, Moda Center, which is owned and operated by the same company that owns the Trail Blazers (all part of Paul Allen's estate/trust). So even if you could work out a tenancy agreement, the Blazers are likely going to insist on having top billing and first rights for scheduling.
                                That building also truly sucks for hockey -- is has everything bad about a modern super-arena and nothing good. Memorial Coliseum, their true hockey venue, is way too small. And the people of Portland are far too smart to support corporate welfare to build some TD Garden eyesore.

                                I think Portland gets MLB before NHL and never gets MLB.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X