• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    White bear lake! Yes!

only one private school made the AA tourney, beautiful
    And it was the one with Kepler’s favorite name: CRETIN-DERHAM HALL.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    White bear lake! Yes!

only one private school made the AA tourney, beautiful

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Sounds like Grand Rapids got away with a blatant cross check which lead to their OT goal to defeat Andover.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Down goes defending champs and #1 AA ranked Minnetonka in section final! You love to see it. I’m pumped and the tourney hasn’t even started

to be fair, they were beaten by chanhassen, another top 5 ranked team so not a massive upset.

edit, wow tonka was undefeated and chanhassen has never been to the state tourney before! Now I have to decide if I’m cheering for elk river, Chan or White Bear (if they make it)
    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 02-29-2024, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Ah.... The Minnesota equivalent of "Down East"... Got it.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Out of State?

Like teams from North Dakota or Wisconsin?
    Drop the “of” and you have a goofy local term some of us use for everywhere in MN that is not in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

More than a couple times they’ve been placed in a section of out state teams and won it. It has happened with Grand Rapids a few times, Duluth East a few times, now Moorhead. Andover has taken this role more recently.

Edit: Also, Elk River is metro area to me now. There’s a solid strip of development along US-10 to that point. Somewhere between there and Big Lake gets fuzzy.
    Ah. A bunch of my older cousins played anoka hockey in 80s and I remember being dragged up to Duluth to watch section finals. Then he played Grand Rapids on quarterfinal Thursday.

I laughed when I saw it’s Andover vs Grand Rapids in section final

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied

More than a couple times they’ve been placed in a section of out state teams and won it. It has happened with Grand Rapids a few times, Duluth East a few times, now Moorhead. Andover has taken this role more recently.

Edit: Also, Elk River is metro area to me now. There’s a solid strip of development along US-10 to that point. Somewhere between there and Big Lake gets fuzzy.
    Out of State?

Like teams from North Dakota or Wisconsin?

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied

? Because they’re not quite metro but not quite greater mn?

Last edited by state of hockey; 02-29-2024, 11:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Haha! Elk River picks the make-the-outstaters-mad baton back up. Nice.
    ? Because they’re not quite metro but not quite greater mn?

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Haha! Elk River picks the make-the-outstaters-mad baton back up. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Edina and elk river first two teams into AA tourney next week. First trip in 19 years for elk river, go elks!

hill Murray white bear lake matchup Friday at Aldrich, one of my favorite movies

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I get what you're saying, but she was 100% correct with her complaint. Why bother seeding if the #1 team still ends up playing the the most difficult non-seeded team? But hey on this day you got your attention. ; ^ P
    What? I just like seeing whiners get beat, don’t give a **** about Edina. I’d also have wanted hill Murray to whoop the whiny coach

they couldn’t even beat Edina so it didn’t matter. Just win. They couldn’t beat the lower ranked teams anyway, as it turns out.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    It’s that time of year again!

section finals this week in Minnesota boys high school hockey. Many of the usual suspects have advanced to finals.

girls title goes to Edina this year. So happy that top ranked Minnetonka got stuffed. Their coach was moaning about how unfair it was that tonka had to play certain teams the last two years in the tourney because it’s a random draw vs a reseeding.

quit crying. It’s the state tournament, if you can’t beat weaker teams than you can go home and cry. For the girls, country club > yacht club
    I get what you're saying, but she was 100% correct with her complaint. Why bother seeding if the #1 team still ends up playing the the most difficult non-seeded team? But hey on this day you got your attention. ; ^ P

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Do the girls have flow, too?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X