This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    This is typically the day you see some very lopsided scores, but the A field seemed a bit deeper this year. We’ll see soon!
    Dave Spehar on twitter is my fave for updates. I didn’t understand the chatter around Minnetonka until he mentioned it. I’d heard comments in some gopher groups about how tonka team wasn’t from tonka, recruiting, etc. then Todd George from Mankato st tweeted “if tonka wins the state title do the guys each get to bring the trophy back to their hometown like the Stanley cup” lol. It must be bad in tonka because recruiting/open enrollment is nothing new

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Dave Spehar on twitter is my fave for updates. I didn’t understand the chatter around Minnetonka until he mentioned it. I’d heard comments in some gopher groups about how tonka team wasn’t from tonka, recruiting, etc. then Todd George from Mankato st tweeted “if tonka wins the state title do the guys each get to bring the trophy back to their hometown like the Stanley cup” lol. It must be bad in tonka because recruiting/open enrollment is nothing new

A couple of discussions about Minnetonka on the US High School Hockey Forum:

https://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=39325

https://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewto...ETONKA#p768742

Comment

• K so it’s not quite as bad as I thought. All close areas but sucks for chanhassen and Orono to lose those kids- and sucks for the tonka kids who were on top team through bantams and then lost spots to the 9th graders who open enrolled.

but all the more sweet to see them lose to chanhassen last week. Fitting
        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 03-06-2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Chanhassen - who imho is the only team that would be favored against Edina - finally put one past RJM and leads 1-0 after 1 period in the early game.

Comment

• Cheering for Elk River in the next one, but don’t have a whole lot of hope.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Edina’s jerseys are gorgeous. I would love to see dark greens but as top seed I doubt we will

Comment

• Here we go. Let’s see if White Bear Lake can avoid getting to 0-20.

https://kstp.com/45tv/prep45/

Comment

• Really pulling for white bear here in the battle of the orange

Comment

• The Grand Rapids sweaters are absolutely beautiful, as usual.

Comment

• Noooooooooo

Comment

• Grand Rapids scores the game winner with 2.67 Holls* remaining. White Bear moves to 0-20 in the tourney.

*1 Holl = 0.6 seconds

Comment

• Starting off semifinal Friday with a dandy. 3-3 through regulation. Warroad lead 2-0, St. Cloud Cathedral came back to tie it, Warroad takes a 3-2 lead on a PP, Cathedral responds with an EAG PPG with a minute left.

Bonus hockey!

Comment

• St. Cloud Cathedral wins in OT. If the other three games are that good (they won’t be) today will be fun!

Comment

• I hate hermantown

Comment

• That was crazy.

First period:
                                Hermantown 1-0
                                Hermantown 2-0
                                Hermantown 3-0
                                Hermantown 4-0

Second period:
                                Mahtomedi 4-1
                                Mahtomedi 4-2
                                Hermantown 5-2
                                Mahtomedi 5-3

Third Period:
                                Mahtomedi 5-4
                                Hermantown 6-4
                                Mahtomedi 6-5
                                Mahtomedi 6-6

Overtime:
                                Hermantown 7-6

The darndest things happen when kids are playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X