This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Good god, what were the Islanders wearing?

I honestly thought they were wearing the ugly Oilers dark blues for a second when I saw it on TV. I also stopped watching since they were up 3-1 after the first...
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      Jagr's #68 retired by the Pens tonight. My favorite little story is they leading up to the draft, Jagr was telling teams he wasn't sure about coming to the states anytime soon if at all. Except the Penguins. He really wanted to play with Super Mario. He told them, he would come immediately.
      Part of his speech.

Comment

• Wild score 10, and need it to actually win. Good grief.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
          Wild score 10, and need it to actually win. Good grief.
          This makes it sound like they had a 10-1 lead. :^D

For those that didn’t watch, the third period started with the Canucks leading 5-3. Wild had four different 5 on 3’s and took advantage. 10-7 final.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

• I periodically saw the progression of scoring on my phone and there were a lot of '***'s' in my head as I tracked the craziness. As I paid attention:

2-0
            2-1
            4-1
            5-3
            5-4
            Nope 5-3
            5-8
            7-10
            Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-19-2024, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure Leafs-Yotes was 75% Toronto fans last night. Which wouldn’t be a problem except it was at Mullett.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Even worse with Matthews and Knies being local boys.

knies even joked he had 60 people coming, or “about an entire section”

Comment

• Well, that’s one way to put yourself on waivers…
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Looks like SEA decided their level of play should match that of their uniforms.

Comment

• It’s that time of year again!

section finals this week in Minnesota boys high school hockey. Many of the usual suspects have advanced to finals.

girls title goes to Edina this year. So happy that top ranked Minnetonka got stuffed. Their coach was moaning about how unfair it was that tonka had to play certain teams the last two years in the tourney because it’s a random draw vs a reseeding.

quit crying. It’s the state tournament, if you can’t beat weaker teams than you can go home and cry. For the girls, country club > yacht club

Comment

• Do the girls have flow, too?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          It’s that time of year again!

section finals this week in Minnesota boys high school hockey. Many of the usual suspects have advanced to finals.

girls title goes to Edina this year. So happy that top ranked Minnetonka got stuffed. Their coach was moaning about how unfair it was that tonka had to play certain teams the last two years in the tourney because it’s a random draw vs a reseeding.

quit crying. It’s the state tournament, if you can’t beat weaker teams than you can go home and cry. For the girls, country club > yacht club
                          I get what you're saying, but she was 100% correct with her complaint. Why bother seeding if the #1 team still ends up playing the the most difficult non-seeded team? But hey on this day you got your attention. ; ^ P

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I get what you're saying, but she was 100% correct with her complaint. Why bother seeding if the #1 team still ends up playing the the most difficult non-seeded team? But hey on this day you got your attention. ; ^ P
                            What? I just like seeing whiners get beat, don’t give a **** about Edina. I’d also have wanted hill Murray to whoop the whiny coach

they couldn’t even beat Edina so it didn’t matter. Just win. They couldn’t beat the lower ranked teams anyway, as it turns out.

Comment

• Edina and elk river first two teams into AA tourney next week. First trip in 19 years for elk river, go elks!

hill Murray white bear lake matchup Friday at Aldrich, one of my favorite movies

Comment

• Haha! Elk River picks the make-the-outstaters-mad baton back up. Nice.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X