Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2021: I Pledge Allegiance to Gritty

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • British police have arrested a man for manslaughter for the death of Adam Johnson

    It’s petgrave or….someone at arena who was negligent in medical services?

    Comment


    • More and more outlets are saying it is Petgrave, and I guess the not naming him is a British media thing.
      the state of hockey is good

      Comment


      • Yeah it’s illegal to name him in the uk. I fully assume it’s him

        Comment


        • It's him, and apparently in British law they are required to formally arrest him in order to question him. So who knows where this goes, could just be doing their due diligence to investigate a death.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            It's him, and apparently in British law they are required to formally arrest him in order to question him. So who knows where this goes, could just be doing their due diligence to investigate a death.
            That's what I've read is most likely the situation. If it were more, he would have also been charged (which a few people pointed out was missing from the articles).
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

            Live Radio from 100.3

            Comment


            • I wonder what the investigators inquiry strategy will be.

              Comment


              • A group of Warroad, Minnesota, girls high school hockey parents have tried to give their head coach, David Marvin, the Larry Olimb treatment. In response, he has filed a defamation lawsuit against those parents.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  A group of Warroad, Minnesota, girls high school hockey parents have tried to give their head coach, David Marvin, the Larry Olimb treatment. In response, he has filed a defamation lawsuit against those parents.
                  Good.

                  I mean I don’t know details but the stories of spoiled entitled kids and parents is rampant, including the Larry one.

                  if it turns out this coach is an abuser or something I’ll change my mind

                  but um- they are turning on a marvin? In Warroad???

                  edit- found article. District investigated, he was cleared.
                  Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 11-16-2023, 12:42 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Disgraceful the Bruins wouldn’t immediately cut him https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...?p1=hp_primary
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                    Comment


                    • Jerseys to be worn by the Vegas Golden Knights and Seattle Kraken during the Winter Classic on Jan. 1, 2024.

                      https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img...=40&format=jpg
                      A bad cause requires many words.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                        Jerseys to be worn by the Vegas Golden Knights and Seattle Kraken during the Winter Classic on Jan. 1, 2024.

                        https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img...=40&format=jpg
                        Ugh, me want the Kraken one.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                        Comment


                        • From ESPN:
                          Usually the jerseys for the NHL's annual outdoor game -- which will be held at T-Mobile Park in Seattle on Jan. 1, 2024 -- are influenced by nostalgia, mining the history of the teams involved for their designs. But Vegas and Seattle are the two most recent NHL expansion franchises, with the Golden Knights entering the league in 2017-18 and the Kraken in 2021-22.

                          NHL history they do not have.

                          The solution: The NHL and Adidas imagined what these teams might have worn had they existed in the 1910s or 1920s and worked with them on refining these looks.
                          A bad cause requires many words.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            From ESPN:
                            Usually the jerseys for the NHL's annual outdoor game -- which will be held at T-Mobile Park in Seattle on Jan. 1, 2024 -- are influenced by nostalgia, mining the history of the teams involved for their designs. But Vegas and Seattle are the two most recent NHL expansion franchises, with the Golden Knights entering the league in 2017-18 and the Kraken in 2021-22.

                            NHL history they do not have.

                            The solution: The NHL and Adidas imagined what these teams might have worn had they existed in the 1910s or 1920s and worked with them on refining these looks.
                            Kind of a dumb statement. Seattle has hockey history going back to the 1910’s and the design is clearly from the Metropolitans. It’s not any different than what Vancouver has done for its Heritage Classic games. Vegas’ doesn’t even go back that far, it’s design is based on 1950’s Vegas.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

                            Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                            Comment


                            • Marc Andre fleury had a mask designed for Native American heritage day. His wife is a registered member of a tribe in Canada. Mask designed by Cole redhorse Taylor

                              the wild will not allow him to even wear during warmups as the nhl has advised them it’s not allowed

                              wear it flower! What will the league do, take away a first round pick?

                              edit- holy crap, apparently flower said he was gonna wear it and pay the fine and the league said they’d hit the wild with an additional significant fine

                              God I wish the Wild would let him do it but their Ron Johnson loving maga owner is probably in agreement with the league
                              Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 11-24-2023, 02:14 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Marc Andre fleury had a mask designed for Native American heritage day. His wife is a registered member of a tribe in Canada. Mask designed by Cole redhorse Taylor

                                the wild will not allow him to even wear during warmups as the nhl has advised them it’s not allowed

                                wear it flower! What will the league do, take away a first round pick?

                                edit- holy crap, apparently flower said he was gonna wear it and pay the fine and the league said they’d hit the wild with an additional significant fine

                                God I wish the Wild would let him do it but their Ron Johnson loving maga owner is probably in agreement with the league
                                From Reddit:

                                ”There are two genders, male and political.

                                There are two sexualities, straight and political.

                                There are two races, white and political.”
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X