Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    7-3. Let the season of despair begin!
    Not if you’re a Rangers fan. :-)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Good: The Wings look good against bad teams.
      Bad: Bertuzzi looks like he broke his hand. (Yes he's an idiot, but the Wings need him in the lineup until he gets traded.)
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
        Good: The Wings look good against bad teams.
        Bad: Bertuzzi looks like he broke his hand. (Yes he's an idiot, but the Wings need him in the lineup until he gets traded.)
        Happened to turn to the game at the end when the NJ fans were yelling "Fire Lindy".... Kind of killed my optimism of going 2-0.

But maybe they can challenge for a playoff spot this year. That would be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Happened to turn to the game at the end when the NJ fans were yelling "Fire Lindy".... Kind of killed my optimism of going 2-0.

But maybe they can challenge for a playoff spot this year. That would be good.
          It was a mix of NJ looking bad and Detroit looking good. Ned made some good saves and the Wings held the puck and did things with it. I think they're a threat to get into the playoffs, but injuries will hurt since they don't have the depth quite yet. Likely finishing above Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal, and maybe giving Boston a run for 5th in the stacked Atlantic division.
          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Kicking Wilson into retirement has allowed the Sharks to finally embrace tanking.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• The advertising on the boards on tv looks absolutely terrible. Like something from a 90’s video game.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I think the Wild's current GM and coach have a lot in common with the Twins current GM and coach. Going to be a long season.
                I’m reading your post, and I just realized that I don’t know the names of any of those four people.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  I’m reading your post, and I just realized that I don’t know the names of any of those four people.
                  Not even billy G?

at least the wilds reverse retros look cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Not even billy G?

at least the wilds reverse retros look cool.
                    Billy Goat? Both teams have their games broadcast almost entirely on cable, and I don’t have cable.

It’s weird, it only occurred to me how little attention I’ve given those teams the past couple years. The only attention I pay to the NHL is on this thread. Coming back to it - both teams are on cable TV, and the only sports streamer I buy is NCHC TV. I’ll watch the Vikings if I’m not busy, but they’re on broadcast TV.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Since I don’t get Bally Sports I don’t see any local games, so I thought the new awful board ads were national broadcast only. But the Wings just posted a highlight showing they’re doing it for local games too.

The technology will improve, like it has with on-ice ads near the blue line, but it is brutal right now. The pure white is jarring compared to the slight off-white of the boards plus the puck marks they accumulate. It’s too clean and the graphics don’t stay stable the entire time.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I miss the local advertisements. The Wild played in Montreal tonight. I miss the Canadian Tire, Desjardins, and of course Tim Hortons ads.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          I miss the local advertisements. The Wild played in Montreal tonight. I miss the Canadian Tire, Desjardins, and of course Tim Hortons ads.
                          Chez Paree has a buffet when the Habs are in town, mookie.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• All hail Phil Kessell, the new NHL iron man and second best hockey player in his family

Comment

All hail Phil Kessell, the new NHL iron man and second best hockey player in his family
                              This will never not be awesome.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...manda_kessels/
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

All hail Phil Kessell, the new NHL iron man and second best hockey player in his family
                                Holy Cross

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X