Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    This would be promising if I actually believed she would follow through: https://twitter.com/alexanderbolton/...48244682018816

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/polit...ito/index.html

Fascinating article about the behind the scenes wrangling of the Supreme Court in the LGBTQ case.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Being that he's a Trump guy of course they won't call him that.
    More likely to be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedumb.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by sagard View Post
    I realize not Scotus, but how long before the the guy who attacked and killed members of the New Jersey judge is correctly identified as a terrorist? I guess since he is an old white guy it must not be terrorism.
    Being that he's a Trump guy of course they won't call him that.

Leave a comment:

• sagard
    replied
    I realize not Scotus, but how long before the the guy who attacked and killed members of the New Jersey judge is correctly identified as a terrorist? I guess since he is an old white guy it must not be terrorism.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I hope all those Stein and Johnson voters in swing states are still happy about sticking to their 'principles'.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post
    So RBG is receiving more chemotherapy. Hang in there, Madam Justice. You are a Titan.
    She can have half my liver, a kidney, whatever.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    So RBG is receiving more chemotherapy. Hang in there, Madam Justice. You are a Titan.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    SCOTUS trying to ensure Florida stays with the GOP, allows its poll tax on convicted felons to go forward while litigation is still pending.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

So, we pretty much get nothing out of today's rulings.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...l7jDPqF7bO0vPg

As a consolation prize he better be in jail by sometime next year or we for sure know there is no justice in America.
    This probably saves the Democrats from themselves. Having a bunch of hearings over his tax returns while people continue to die from the virus and find themselves out of work won't look good.

Trump isn't going to lose because someone finds out he isn't as rich as he says or took out some shady loans. You either know he's a con man or nothing will change your mind. He is going to lose because he has botched a pandemic and helped destroy the economy.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Ted Cruz says, "The Supreme Court just gave away half of Oklahoma, literally. Manhattan is next."

That's a weird say of saying that treaties actually mean something.
    Also shows that Ted Cruz doesn't know what the fu** he's talking about.

All this means is that any laws broken on tribal land, by a native American, must be handled either by Tribal court for misdemeanors or by the Federal Government for more serious crimes. The State Courts of Oklahoma are not recognized by the tribes.

From the brief articles I have read, this *could* affect a wide range of cases where native Americans are serving time in state prison. But as was pointed out, the Federal Government is much more strict in their sentencing which could lead to stiffer jail time if anyone tries to appeal their current sentence.

With that said, I fully expect Unofan or others with their ear much closer to the ground on this to correct me.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Ted Cruz says, "The Supreme Court just gave away half of Oklahoma, literally. Manhattan is next."

That's a weird say of saying that treaties actually mean something.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Today's Supreme Court rulings on Donald Trump's hidden financial materials are a mixed bag for all involved. On the one hand, the justices rejected the woeful arguments presented by the president's attorneys, but on the other, the high court also sent the matters back to lower courts for a lengthy review.

Or put another way, Trump lost on principle, but prevailed on politics: the practical effects of the rulings will mean the president's secret documents, including his tax returns, will remain under wraps until well after Election Day 2020.
    So, we pretty much get nothing out of today's rulings.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...l7jDPqF7bO0vPg

As a consolation prize he better be in jail by sometime next year or we for sure know there is no justice in America.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    So, should we identify some Native congressmen and maybe a Senator?
    Turns out Elizabeth Warren maybe knew what she was doing when she claimed to be an Oklahoma Cherokee.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    This is genuinely hilarious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X