Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klobuchar did her homework.

acb is an embarrassment to America as is the party who nominated her

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...81791862804482

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...74768450441218

Comment

• S.C. places hold on judicial order and Trump admin can stop the census now.

Comment

• Supreme Court nominee apparently doesn't know what the Constitution has to say about the powers of the President and the Congress.

Can't say whether President can delay an election.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          S.C. places hold on judicial order and Trump admin can stop the census now.
          Restart it after 1/21. Easy peasy.

We will probably have to completely redo it.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Klobuchar did her homework.

acb is an embarrassment to America as is the party who nominated her

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...81791862804482

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...74768450441218
            Holy crap...that is embarrassing. Our old Law Professor would have destroyed her in his Crim Law or Procedure classes if she answered that way. Judges deal with hypotheticals all the friggin time she is just too chicken**** to put anything on the record. She looks afraid of questioning (she has a Deer in Headlights look when questioned by a Dem) which means she shouldnt be up for the job. Either that or she is incompetent and the same thing holds.

Christ BeerFace McRapey answered questions better at times...you know before he went QAnon on the bit. Gorsuch for sure did. She sounds like me when I was interviewing for a tenure track job at my school 1/3 of the way through my first semester teaching and the President of the School was asking me questions that were...well...not supposed to be part of the process.

edit: Jesus she ducked Booker's question about the transfer of power...FFS. This is easy crap, they are being nice to you lobbing balls at you so they dont give Lady G the vapors again. If you are so chicken**** you cant even say "yeah the President should transfer power peacefully if he loses" then you do not get to call yourself an Originalist...you are just an idiot. If she is the Gold Standard of Law Professors then we have problems in this country. I wish my dad was still young enough to care he would have punched a wall over her ducking this way.
            Last edited by Handyman; 10-13-2020, 06:48 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Jesus she ducked Booker's question about the transfer of power...FFS. This is easy crap, they are being nice to you lobbing balls at you so they dont give Lady G the vapors again. If you are so chicken**** you cant even say "yeah the President should transfer power peacefully if he loses" then you do not get to call yourself an Originalist...you are just an idiot. If she is the Gold Standard of Law Professors then we have problems in this country.
              She may actually be the gold standard for right wing jurists at this point. Who is left after Scalia's obvious con has been exposed over the last 2 decades? A henchman like Alito, an opportunistic toad like Drunky McRapist, and now Hildegard of Gilead. This is the best they've got, folks. That's why Ted Cruz passes as bright in this crowd. It's the short bus.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...60491396440066

This is really embarrassing. First you have Kennedy who makes me laugh because everything he says sounds dumber than a box of rocks...but she even struggles to deal with his leading questions trying to prove she is thoughtful. Cool you read something on Climate Change but you don't have an opinion on it?

This woman is so out of her depth I am starting to feel bad for her.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...60491396440066

This is really embarrassing. First you have Kennedy who makes me laugh because everything he says sounds dumber than a box of rocks...but she even struggles to deal with his leading questions trying to prove she is thoughtful. Cool you read something on Climate Change but you don't have an opinion on it?

This woman is so out of her depth I am starting to feel bad for her.
                  What if Harriet Myers had gotten a hearing.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• She’s an Empty vessel, a robot programmed by the group that grooms all these whackos. She has no purpose other than to push the empty agenda if the uber conservatives.

speaking of ted- wasn’t one of our cons around here touting his Harvard degree? I seem to remember Harvard being poo-pooed when Obama was president

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

She may actually be the gold standard for right wing jurists at this point. Who is left after Scalia's obvious con has been exposed over the last 2 decades? A henchman like Alito, an opportunistic toad like Drunky McRapist, and now Hildegard of Gilead. This is the best they've got, folks. That's why Ted Cruz passes as bright in this crowd. It's the short bus.
                      Scalia was scum and is surely being prison raped in hell if it exists...but at least he knew the law. His interpretation was crap (imho) but if you asked him he could defend his position with something. (I saw a lot of Scalia lectures my first year in college) Gorsuch is the same way. I may not like their ideas but they at least are somewhat based on academic study of the law.

Now I am sure ACB is a good to great professor and she was top of her class at ND so she obviously did the work. But if you cant answer basic stuff on the first days of your nomination hearings maybe you arent ready for prime time. I know the GOP is pretending this is some gangrape of her but there isnt even a raised voice, there is almost no vitriol. The worst she is getting is when someone brings up what Trump says about her nomination and the SC in general while also trying to de-legitimize the election. She could put a lot of minds at ease with these questions (which is my guess what the Dems are doing since they dont want to be seen as destroying a woman on TV when they need Suburban Women to show up in droves and her being put on the court is a lock) and she just cant be bothered to do it. I mean Senator Foghorn Leghorn had to tell her "I am not trying to trap you" AND HE IS A FRIGGIN REPUBLICAN! A real President would be considering pulling her back and a real Senate would come nowhere close to confirming her...
                      Last edited by Handyman; 10-13-2020, 07:08 PM.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I will not argue with Kennedy on this one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/s...59718675578880

Comment

• I'm not watching, so I may be wrong here. She's not out of her depth. She's probably even capable.

But that's how they want her to play the game. Don't say anything that can give them any idea of your philosophy as a jurist will be, and likewise, don't say anything that can give them ammunition to use against you.

So basically, deflect, deflect, deflect, and play dumb. "I don't know how I could rule on abortion until I have heard the arguments put before me in court"
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            I'm not watching, so I may be wrong here. She's not out of her depth. She's probably even capable.

But that's how they want her to play the game. Don't say anything that can give them any idea of your philosophy as a jurist will be, and likewise, don't say anything that can give them ammunition to use against you.

So basically, deflect, deflect, deflect, and play dumb. "I don't know how I could rule on abortion until I have heard the arguments put before me in court"
                            The eternal triangle of conservatism: stupid, evil, crazy: pick at least one.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              I'm not watching, so I may be wrong here. She's not out of her depth. She's probably even capable.

Nah she isnt this good of an actress. Watch her she literally looks like a hunter just shined his lights in her eyes. They selected her BECAUSE this is who she is.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The eternal triangle of conservatism: stupid, evil, crazy: pick at least one.
                                What's the dark triad dump displays--narcissism, machiavelliansim, and psychopathy?

Comment

Working...
                                X