Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

At this point anything less than that and the Dems will look weak willed and the party division will get way worse. To save the coalition they are going to need to act like strongmen if November goes the way it seems to be looking.

The key though is to make sure they dot every I and cross every T. They need to make sure what they do does not run afoul of the Constitution because they can't beat the 6-3 majority even if Roberts continues to act with a modicum of logic. Either that or the bills have to be so rewarding to a large population of people that the SC is afraid to act. (like previously with ObamaCare)

The question becomes what are the bills most important to pass. The 4-5 things that need to be done for fear Biden only gets 1 term. (because he is voted out not because he decides not to run)

(the following is just ideas not my top priorities per se)

Voting Rights Act
    Civil Rights expansion
    Obamacare or Medicare Expansion
    Restoration of previous tax levels
    Some sort of Gerrymandering legislation
    Pandemic Relief

Then you have the spiteful stuff like PR/DC Statehood, court packing...etc.

Biden's 4 years need to be handled like their hair is on fire. Just assume the other side doesnt care and go for it all. They arent going to help you, even the ones who would back in the day made a bloodpact and they cant anymore. 4 years to save the Republic, that has to be the mantra. And everyone must fall in line. That means every House member no matter if they are Centrist or Progressive. It means every Senator no matter if it is Booker or Manchin. They need to act like there is no tomorrow.
    GND
    Single payer
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

GND
      Single payer
      Re-regulate the financial industry
      Break up Too Big To Fail companies
      Overturn Citizens United and McCutcheon
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In hearings today Klobuchar doused Ted Cruz in gasoline, set him on fire and ****ed on the ashes. Holy cow was that awesome to watch!
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Lisa Murkowski is the Susan Collins of Sandra Day O'Connors.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Lisa Murkowski is the Susan Collins of Sandra Day O'Connors.
            And Mitt Romney is the Susan Collins of Lisa Murkowskis!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Lisa Murkowski is the Susan Collins of Sandra Day O'Connors.
              If the initiative on the ballot this year for open primaries and ranked choice voting passes her race is gonna be real fun in two years.
              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 09-24-2020, 08:26 PM.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Yup. Mitch is a dying star and knows demographics will not support his pos party much longer
                His party will do fine as long as the electoral college and the senate favors dirt over people. Young liberals from East Bum**** Nebromaha leave for blue cities. Young rednecks stay, roll coal, and vote GOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

His party will do fine as long as the electoral college and the senate favors dirt over people. Young liberals from East Bum**** Nebromaha leave for blue cities. Young rednecks stay, roll coal, and vote GOP.
                  Companies in First World states should start paying their entering workers to move to Jesusland and remote from there. NYC and LA alone could match every dumptard with a college graduate. Buy a house for $90k; the state would love it to as every liberal techy would produce 20x the tax revenue as a con serf. Swing the schoolboard elections and start saving the 5% smartest con spawn from their parents with education. These nerds would have their choice of the finest local trim sick of their dirtbag rapin' cousins.

Colonize Dumbf-ckistan. Everybody wins.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-24-2020, 09:07 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Once Texas and Florida demographic the GOP out, the fight is over.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Once Texas and Florida demographic the GOP out, the fight is over.
                      I think FL is going the wrong way.

TX is ours soon though. 2024 maybe, 2028 probably, 2032 at the very latest.

And those Messicans that the cons have subjected to ghetto / incarceration hell? Yeah... payback is going to be... severe.

Dear White Southern Republicans:

Love,

All of Us

Last edited by Kepler; 09-24-2020, 09:19 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Companies in First World states should start paying their entering workers to move to Jesusland and remote from there. NYC and LA alone could match every dumptard with a college graduate. Buy a house for $90k; the state would love it to as every liberal techy would produce 20x the tax revenue as a con serf. Swing the schoolboard elections and start saving the 5% smartest con spawn from their parents with education. These nerds would have their choice of the finest local trim sick of their dirtbag rapin' cousins.

Colonize Dumbf-ckistan. Everybody wins.

I don’t think I could bring myself to move to Wisconsin, Iowa, or the Dakotas. I sincerely have no idea how uno and his family do it.

Actually, maybe Hudson. Register my car in Minnesota so I don’t have to drive around with “I’m a dumb**** cheesehead” plates
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I think FL is going the wrong way.

TX is ours soon though. 2024 maybe, 2028 probably, 2032 at the very latest.

And those Messicans that the cons have subjected to ghetto / incarceration hell? Yeah... payback is going to be... severe.
                          You’re probably right. Texas will go blue through demographics. Florida will go blue because it’s under water.
                          Code:

Comment

• The young and non rich liberals won’t be able to afford the blue states - they basically can’t now. I can see some red states have companies move in for cheap COL and start a base of educated liberals. NM, AZ, NC

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              The young and non rich liberals won’t be able to afford the blue states - they basically can’t now. I can see some red states have companies move in for cheap COL and start a base of educated liberals. NM, AZ, NC
                              We have them already.

I'm thinking UT, WY, MT, ID. Those are all heartachingly beautiful states.

And for those who prefer trees over mountains, AL, MS, TN, LA. Physically move the entire city of New Orleans to Baton Rouge and fill it with California gays. It's already the most debauched and bizarre city in North America -- make it the largest as well. Because then when Ma and Pa Hayseed beat their gay son within an inch of his life FOR JESUS he can run to a southern liberal city rather than NYC or SF.
                              Cornell University

Comment

I don’t think I could bring myself to move to Wisconsin, Iowa, or the Dakotas. I sincerely have no idea how uno and his family do it.
                                Eh I know I am outnumbered here but I do not see much of a difference between Madison and the Twin Cities in overall spirit of things. We both have severe embarrassment outside of those areas from what I have observed.
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X