Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting that just like the thread’s title, our hero dies at the end of the first movie only to become more powerful than we could ever imagine.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Interesting that just like the thread’s title, our hero dies at the end of the first movie only to become more powerful than we could ever imagine.
      You're thinking of Gandalf.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Republicans got trounced like the scum they are in 2018- so can anyone explain to me why cotton says the mandate they got in 2018 means they have to fill the seat?

we gave you a resounding **** off in 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Republicans got trounced like the scum they are in 2018- so can anyone explain to me why cotton says the mandate they got in 2018 means they have to fill the seat?

Because they didn't lose the majority, even though 2/3 of that wasn't decided in 2018. Ignoring there were more Dem votes and more Dem wins in 2018.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Republicans got trounced like the scum they are in 2018- so can anyone explain to me why cotton says the mandate they got in 2018 means they have to fill the seat?

Republicans only mention the two Senate seats they picked up, since the House has no say in judges.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• I have no doubt that Turtle Boy, Closet Boy, and Dump will ram through the nomination. No doubt at all. And after the Democrats take power this fall they better find a way to keep the majority because if the Republicans take back power after the everything on the table ploy they will finish destroying the country they've put on life support already.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Potential nominee Amy Coney Barrett, on the record:

...a legal career is but a means to an end...and that end is building the Kingdom of God.

Comment

• Jesus what the hell year is she living in?

A very vocal group of people that Kepler is sure doesn't exist responded to Bernie and a few others who talked about RBG and how great she was by saying she was selfish and should have left the bench years ago. Cause when I think of narcissists I think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Potential nominee Amy Coney Barrett, on the record:
                    Oh goody. There goes the 1st Amendment. Course under Republican Majority Rule which we've had mostly since Reagan took office the only Amendment that's stayed intact is the 2nd.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Jesus what the hell year is she living in?

A very vocal group of people that Kepler is sure doesn't exist responded to Bernie and a few others who talked about RBG and how great she was by saying she was selfish and should have left the bench years ago. Cause when I think of narcissists I think of Ruth Bader Ginsburg!
                      IIRC, didn't she state that she had made a mistake in not retiring during Obama's first two years when the Dems last had control of the Senate?

Comment

Potential nominee Amy Coney Barrett, on the record:

Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

IIRC, didn't she state that she had made a mistake in not retiring during Obama's first two years when the Dems last had control of the Senate?
                          She probably did but that isnt what they are saying. (plus she had no way to know things would go this way...I doubt any of us would have bet we would be here at that point) They literally insult and spit on her for not retiring. Apparently doing her job and fighting the good fight makes her a selfish, egotistical narcissist. And this is the stuff they said in response to Bernie's message of remembrance for her life. They didn't even let the body get cold...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/u...imes&smtyp=cur

President Trump questioned Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s dying wish that her replacement on the Supreme Court be chosen by the next president, suggesting without evidence on Monday that Democrats had concocted a quote provided by Justice Ginsburg’s grieving family.

“I don’t know that she said that, or if that was written out by Adam Schiff, and Schumer and Pelosi,” Mr. Trump said during an interview on “Fox & Friends” early Monday, referring to three top Democrats, Representative Adam Schiff of California, Senator Chuck Schumer of New York and Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California.

“That came out of the wind. It sounds so beautiful, but that sounds like a Schumer deal, or maybe Pelosi or Shifty Schiff,” added Mr. Trump, interrupting one of the show’s co-hosts, who had tried to interject that the quote had been verified by journalists.

Days before her death on Friday, Justice Ginsburg, 87, dictated a statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera, saying, “my most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,” according to NPR’s Nina Totenberg, who was close to the justice and her family.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Nate Silver wrote an article on fivethirtyeight that basically laid out how nearly impossible it’s going to be for Democrats to hold the Senate in the coming decades, and therefore, confirming Supreme Court Justices. Biden on the record opposing court packing, but, that could be because he’s smart and won’t play his hand before the election so as to supercharge more Republicans into voting than already are planning to do so. I’m not sure explicitly saying we plan to pack the courts, etc., is a winning message before Election Day.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                                Nate Silver wrote an article on fivethirtyeight that basically laid out how nearly impossible it’s going to be for Democrats to hold the Senate in the coming decades, and therefore, confirming Supreme Court Justices. Biden on the record opposing court packing, but, that could be because he’s smart and won’t play his hand before the election so as to supercharge more Republicans into voting than already are planning to do so. I’m not sure explicitly saying we plan to pack the courts, etc., is a winning message before Election Day.
                                Let me ask you this about court packing. Yeah, it mollifies, temporarily, a current frustration. But as an actual practice how effective will it really be, and how good of an idea is it?

Say the Dems add four court seats and get Biden to appoint four liberals.

Don't the Republicans just do the exact same thing the next time they hold the White House and Senate?

And then the Dems do it, again, after that. At some point we end up with 157 Supreme Court members. Is that really the plan?
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X