Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

So, we pretty much get nothing out of today's rulings.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...l7jDPqF7bO0vPg

As a consolation prize he better be in jail by sometime next year or we for sure know there is no justice in America.
    This probably saves the Democrats from themselves. Having a bunch of hearings over his tax returns while people continue to die from the virus and find themselves out of work won't look good.

Trump isn't going to lose because someone finds out he isn't as rich as he says or took out some shady loans. You either know he's a con man or nothing will change your mind. He is going to lose because he has botched a pandemic and helped destroy the economy.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• SCOTUS trying to ensure Florida stays with the GOP, allows its poll tax on convicted felons to go forward while litigation is still pending.

Comment

• So RBG is receiving more chemotherapy. Hang in there, Madam Justice. You are a Titan.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
          So RBG is receiving more chemotherapy. Hang in there, Madam Justice. You are a Titan.
          She can have half my liver, a kidney, whatever.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I hope all those Stein and Johnson voters in swing states are still happy about sticking to their 'principles'.

Comment

• I realize not Scotus, but how long before the the guy who attacked and killed members of the New Jersey judge is correctly identified as a terrorist? I guess since he is an old white guy it must not be terrorism.

Comment

• Originally posted by sagard View Post
                I realize not Scotus, but how long before the the guy who attacked and killed members of the New Jersey judge is correctly identified as a terrorist? I guess since he is an old white guy it must not be terrorism.
                Being that he's a Trump guy of course they won't call him that.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Being that he's a Trump guy of course they won't call him that.
                  More likely to be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedumb.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/28/polit...ito/index.html

Fascinating article about the behind the scenes wrangling of the Supreme Court in the LGBTQ case.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• This would be promising if I actually believed she would follow through: https://twitter.com/alexanderbolton/...48244682018816

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Lower court blocks Trump trans healthcare rule.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...HkgNHZbmNfCtaA
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Good

in January we codify all of this.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• If we sweep we need to do a ton of sh-t. Beginning, obviously, with the end of filibusters, super majority cloture, blue slips, and Senate holds. And reinstate earmarks while we're at it.

Time to make Congress f-cking work again.

DC and PR statehood.

Re-institute the Fairness Doctrine.

And then the policy work that will take the next 2 years and for as long as the electorate keeps us in full sweep power.

No more mealy-mouthed bullsh-t. If they give us the keys we f-cking drive the train down the right's throat and don't stop until those Nazis have choked to death.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 08-17-2020, 10:35 PM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Fairness Doctrine will never be reinstated, the oil is out of the barrel and that ship has sailed. They'll argue that in the era of cable and the Internet where consumers have access to lots of different sources (no matter how nutbar those sources are), it violates 1A. It's highly unlikely that the pro-corporate Roberts court wouldn't side with Big Media on that.

I approve of the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                If we sweep we need to do a ton of sh-t. Beginning, obviously, with the end of filibusters, super majority cloture, blue slips, and Senate holds. And reinstate earmarks while we're at it.

Time to make Congress f-cking work again.

DC and PR statehood.

Re-institute the Fairness Doctrine.

And then the policy work that will take the next 2 years and for as long as the electorate keeps us in full sweep power.

No more mealy-mouthed bullsh-t. If they give us the keys we f-cking drive the train down the right's throat and don't stop until those Nazis have choked to death.
                                Where is the update to Election Day?

add the weekend prior and Monday to the first Tuesday in November? Four days of ballot collections.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X