Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta wait 10 minutes for the next one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      I bet in a 5-4 they don't allow Trump's finances or taxes to be exposed.
      Would that be the Congress case or the NY case? Based on his tweets this morning it sounds like he may have lost at least one of them.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Who do you guess writes the tax opinion, uno?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Would that be the Congress case or the NY case? Based on his tweets this morning it sounds like he may have lost at least one of them.
          I was going with both but we'll see what happens I guess. Maybe they'll allow it for NY and then Barr will shut that **** down. Giving Trump full cover.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• And in the 1st tax case, it's...Roberts with the liberals 5-4 in the State of NY case

Comment

• actually 7-2, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch concur in the judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                And in the 1st tax case, it's...Roberts with the liberals 5-4 in the State of NY case
                Ok, so Barr to the rescue.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• The Court is UNANIMOUS in rejecting Trump’s argument that he is absolutely immune from state criminal grand jury subpoenas.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• So Chump gets spanked by the SCOTUS on his tax returns and it's his own nominees that helped screw him?
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• 7-2 on Congress, but they punted.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        7-2 on Congress, but they punted.
                        How so?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

How so?
                          My quick, quick, quick read:
                          Everyone in the country has to comply with legitimate Congressional subpoenas, but there's really no record to determine whether the interests of the congress were properly balanced with the executive's. So remand to get a better record.

Comment

• More interesting to me was SCOTUS calling out Congress, and the US Government in general, in their ruling over the Oklahoma case. They basically defended the Native American tribe and told Congress that of they don't want to uphold their promise of a reservation in perpetuity to the tribe, to sh** or get off the pot. Instead of Congress dancing around by changing the reservation size and powers the tribe has, make it clear what they want.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Basically, the President is not absolutely immune from Congressional subpoenas. But they have defenses to raise, and none of the lower courts properly addressed them.

Comment

• So, that means Congress still can't get them right? And if Barr shuts down the State prosecution Trump skates on the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X