Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberts has to draw them a farking road map on how to win the case and they can't be bothered to, multiple times? Jesus.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

That’s exactly it. I hope they have food testers because There’s no bottom for conservatives and what they’ll do
      I wonder who fluffed Scalia's pillows... ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Didn’t you know, purpose of the court is to make republicans feel better???

https://mobile.***********/realDonal...33632742191106
        jfc
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Roberts has to draw them a farking road map on how to win the case and they can't be bothered to, multiple times? Jesus.
          Correct.

Eugene Gu, MD
          @eugenegu·
          58m
          Replying to@realDonaldTrump

Yeah, this is why I wasn’t popping the champagne about the Supreme Court’s decision on DACA. They literally gave Trump the roadmap and IKEA instructions on how to legally dismantle DACA that’ll pass muster with the Supreme Court. The decision did nothing to legally preserve DACA.
          https://mobile.***********/eugenegu/...67493681172480

They drew him a picture. Now it's only a matter of time.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Correct.

Yeah, but if we win in November we simply don't pursue it, and if we control Congress we double back and fix it legislatively and then the Nazis can lump it.

With the filibuster dead, the next Dem Prez/Dem Congress will have the opportunity to make FDR's 100 days look like grass growing. If they use it. And if they don't the blood of the DNC will run in the streets.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Correct.

Well, If he A) can be arsed to have someone do it right and B) is still in office in 2021 when the Supremes can take it up again.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Well, If he A) can be arsed to have someone do it right and B) is still in office in 2021 when the Supremes can take it up again.
                Nope.

Here's the next tweet from the same person.

Eugene Gu, MD
                @eugenegu·
                1h
                Replying to@eugenegu
                and@realDonaldTrump

If the Supreme Court gave a legal basis for DACA to continue that would survive Trump’s power of Executive Orders to overturn it, then it would be an actual lasting victory. But Trump can just overturn DACA tomorrow by fiat and the Supreme Court gave the legal basis to do so.

Comment

Nope.

Here's the next tweet from the same person.
                  Any executive action can be overturned by a later executive, you just have to follow the APA. That's not surprising and shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. The surprising thing is how incompetent Trump's administration is in simply following the instructions.

And if Trump kills it (not that he really has time to do so this term, since a rocket docket at the Federal level takes a minimum of 6 months), the next Dem administration could simply put it back in.

Comment

• I can see it now - the fix is in. Conspire with the SC to rule against him, cry the SC he hand-picked is still politically charged against him and cry the 2nd is at risk (it isn't) if you don't vote him back in!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Hovey will be along shortly to say, "See? Stop your handwringing and pearl clutching!"

Meanwhile, for the past 3 years we've been one last breath from Breyer or RBG away from this decision going in the other direction.
                      The very fact it occurred to you to make this post demonstrates I was correct.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The very fact it occurred to you to make this post demonstrates I was correct.
                        Narrator: He was not correct.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Well, If he A) can be arsed to have someone do it right
                          Does "be arsed" here mean "be bothered" as in "exert himself"? I have not heard that idiom before.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Narrator: He was not correct.
                            What I'm hearing Hovey saying is Court makeup doesn't matter so he won't care when we pack it with 4 new liberals.

Glad to see he's on board.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 06-19-2020, 02:03 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What I'm hearing Hovey saying is Court makeup doesn't matter so he won't care when we pack it with 4 new liberals.

You're actually closer to being right than you may have expected, or intended.

I tend to think that the court's members find their own place within the Court, and can even shift positions dramatically. I truly believe that if you put 9 carbon copies of Alito on the court, or 9 carbon copies of RBG on the court, those nine members wouldn't think in lock step. You'd see some of them shift.

So, if say Thomas or Alito or Kavanaugh or others end up leaving the court during a Democratic administration, or even if it's all of them, you won't see me coming here raising worries or clutching pearls. I really won't. There is enough legal precedent out there that I don't see the Court making broad swings one way or the other, regardless of its make up.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Wont be as liberal as you think it will be.

Yeah, cause they'll follow the law and precedent.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X