Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

If you want to call the election of the most racially and ethnically diverse Congress in history "hurting" the country, be my guest. That's not how I'd describe it.
    My guess is if it wasn't for the rampant voter suppression and the horrible gerrymandering (studies show both of those transgressions aid republicans far more than democrats, one study showing a benefit along the lines of 5:1 in favor of republicans) the most racially and ethnically diverse Congress would have about 25 more democrats and the senate would be under control of democrats. So your side is still benefiting greatly from the system.

Comment

If you want to call the election of the most racially and ethnically diverse Congress in history "hurting" the country, be my guest. That's not how I'd describe it.
      You should get a job on Comedy Central.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Hovey should've been a goalie, that was a great deflection.

Comment

So you actually don't have a retort and changed the argument. Cool story bro.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I have reasons to be concerned, yet Hovey blew them all off. Hovey can get me a large coffee and and an Everything bagel with cream cheese.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              I have reasons to be concerned, yet Hovey blew them all off. Hovey can get me a large coffee and and an Everything bagel with cream cheese.
              No need to be concerned. Stop clutching your pearls!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

So you actually don't have a retort and changed the argument. Cool story bro.
                Nah, its just that your argument is so silly. There will always be at least one area of the law where the decisions are more conservative than you’d like. Maybe it’s criminal sentencing. Maybe it’s gerrymandering. So if you’re just going to select that one and say “see, we were right,” there is no point arguing with you. But if you won’t admit to the handwringing during the Gorsuch and Kavanaugh hearings over Obamacare, Roe, LGBTQ issues, guns, and a variety of other areas where we’re not hearing a peep out of the libs today, I think you’re experiencing selective amnesia.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Nah, its just that your argument is so silly. There will always be at least one area of the law where the decisions are more conservative than you’d like. Maybe it’s criminal sentencing. Maybe it’s gerrymandering. So if you’re just going to select that one and say “see, we were right,” there is no point arguing with you. But if you won’t admit to the handwringing during the Gorsuch and Kavanaugh hearings over Obamacare, Roe, LGBTQ issues, guns, and a variety of other areas where we’re not hearing a peep out of the libs today, I think you’re experiencing selective amnesia.
                  Remember the guy who said Trump hasn't done anything damaging a couple months ago? Oh, that was you. You may not be the best judge...

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Remember the guy who said Trump hasn't done anything damaging a couple months ago? Oh, that was you. You may not be the best judge...
                    You're going to have to link to that post.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sure let me work on that (insert broken frickin eyes staring at the back of my head emoji) I assure you that you made the case that despite all of everyone's hand wringing and whining that he hadn't really done anything all that damaging.

Comment

• Being concerned for the rights and freedoms of minority groups is now just "hand-wringing". Got it.

Comment

What a ****ing pv$$y. Man up and own it.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• First one out this morning is DACA.

ROBERTS, C. J., delivered the opinion of the Court, except as to Part IV. GINSBURG, BREYER, and KAGAN, JJ., joined that opinion in full, and SOTOMAYOR, J., joined as to all but Part IV. SOTOMAYOR, J., filed an opinion concurring in part, concurring in the judgment in part, and dissenting in part. THOMAS, J., filed an opinion concurring in the judgment in part and dissenting in part, in which ALITO and GORSUCH, JJ., joined. ALITO, J., and KAVANAUGH, J., filed opinions concurring in the judgment in part and dissenting in part.

Comment

• And it's the only one for today.

Comment

• "Five years later, the Attorney General advised DHS to rescind DACA, based on his conclusion that it was unlawful. The Department’s Acting Secretary issued a memorandum terminating the program on that basis. The termination was challenged by affected individuals and third parties who alleged, among other things, that the Acting Secretary had violated the Administrative Procedure Act (APA) by failing to adequately address important factors bearing on her decision. For the reasons that follow, we conclude that the Acting Secretary did violate the APA, and that the rescission must be vacated."

DACA stands for now

Comment

Working...
                                X