Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Question 1 for Typhoid Amy should be "Do you agree with the President that everyone should take Regeneron who gets COVID"? Watch her twist into a pretzel trying to answer out of both sides of her mouth and then destroy her lack of objectivity.

Then use that to get into health care. It is a nice easy trap to set to make her look two faced. No it wont change any votes but it also will continue to make the average voter hate the GOP for this crap.
    Sure. I'll take some of that Aborted Stem Cell stuff right now.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Sure. I'll take some of that Aborted Stem Cell stuff right now.
      Harvested by project Veritas no doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
        I like Schumer. I think his Democratic colleagues, including Warren and Sanders, like him too. I like Pelosi better, but I think Schumer is effective at keeping his caucus in line on votes that matter.
        As for the Supreme Court, why didn’t Republicans expand it when they had the trifecta? I guess because they got their 5-4 lead once Gorsuch was appointed, thanks to McConnell’s shenanigans? I know we’re talking about it now, so were Republicans talking about it in 2017? I can’t find much through my Internet searches.
        They didnt need to. They were getting a majority and they accurate guessed RBG would be done before Trump was done.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I don't think expanding the court is a winning move long term.

Short term, we need to pass legislation protecting a woman's right to choose. The majority of Americans would agree with this type of legislation. Same with marriage equality. Also, explicitly pass legislation adding protection to LGBTQ to the existing anti-discrimination laws. DON'T rely on a SC interpretation of the existing law -- make it explicit. This isn't all 100% safe, because it could be undone by more legislation, but it's less risky than leaving these things up to SC precedent right now. These are all things the majority of American's agree with. This is how Obama rectified the Lilly Leadbetter ruling.

Longer term, we need to do something about the Republican's advantage in the electoral college, and even bigger advantage in the senate. The court more conservative than the American public because the senate is tilted in favor of the republicans. This needs to be fixed before expanding the court will be anything other than a short-term fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            I don't think expanding the court is a winning move long term.

Short term, we need to pass legislation protecting a woman's right to choose. The majority of Americans would agree with this type of legislation. Same with marriage equality. Also, explicitly pass legislation adding protection to LGBTQ to the existing anti-discrimination laws. DON'T rely on a SC interpretation of the existing law -- make it explicit. This isn't all 100% safe, because it could be undone by more legislation, but it's less risky than leaving these things up to SC precedent right now. These are all things the majority of American's agree with. This is how Obama rectified the Lilly Leadbetter ruling.

Longer term, we need to do something about the Republican's advantage in the electoral college, and even bigger advantage in the senate. The court more conservative than the American public because the senate is tilted in favor of the republicans. This needs to be fixed before expanding the court will be anything other than a short-term fix.
            There is no reason why these are mutually exclusive. We can work legislatively while also adding states while also reforming the courts. We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

It is vital that we move fast. Bulldoze everything. Fast track everything. Nuking the filibuster helps significantly but we should also be streamlining both House and Senate rules to make things run much more smoothly. It's not only the 40 years the Nazis have dragged us backwards that we are making up, it's also the 40 years they have cost America. We are 80 years behind where we should be on democratic, social, and science matters. We are basically jumping an entire century.

This has to be done now, before the Nazis can regroup. Because gridlock will be back sooner than anyone expects. We may have just 2 years to work, and that means every one of those 700-odd days has to be filled with dramatic progress for Americans.

It's a f-cking war. Sitting around picking our navel lint is just going to get a lot of people killed.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post

or the fluid required for melania to blink
              wd-40?
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                I guess because they got their 5-4 lead once Gorsuch was appointed, thanks to McConnell’s shenanigans? I know we’re talking about it now, so were Republicans talking about it in 2017? I can’t find much through my Internet searches.
                You mean they kept the majority due to McConnell's shenanigans. Conservatives have had the majority on SCOTUS since the 1970s.

Scalia's death was the first time in 2 generations for the liberals to take it. McConnell is ramming through ACB because he thinks the Dems will blink again and won't fight back. I hope he's wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Or the fluid required for melania to blink
                  I don't remember reading this, but apparently I "liked" it.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I am shocked acb wasn’t forthcoming. Shocked! Of course she’s also cool with fetal tissue if it’s going to her orange god

https://www.newsandguts.com/link/cnn...TX-QvlhcC9E0R0

Comment

I am shocked acb wasn’t forthcoming. Shocked! Of course she’s also cool with fetal tissue if it’s going to her orange god

I think this is like the 3rd thing she has "forgotten" to disclose. She didn't disclose she had been COVID positive and she didn't disclose an article or something that had to do with abortion as well. I dont get it...everyone knows she is vehemently Pro-Life and she is going to be confirmed even if she shoots Amy Klobuchar in the middle of a question. Why leave things out? This is like when coaches get fired because they lied about a job 20 years ago on their resume and never changed it.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am shocked acb wasn’t forthcoming. Shocked! Of course she’s also cool with fetal tissue if it’s going to her orange god

The good news for her is that Fox News Sunday yesterday spent the entire ****ing hour (there was nothing else to talk about) on Joe Biden packing the Court.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• So, this is sick. Apparently Mike Lee who tested positive for Covid will appear in person at the hearings this week. And Republicans like Lindsey Graham are REFUSING to be tested.

These ****ers are really ****ing psycho.

Comment

• Super Spreader event happening right now in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

Comment

• Stop calling it "packing." The GOP packed the Court. We are unpacking it.

I don't know why the Dems are even at the Judiciary hearing. It makes no difference and they are just exposing themselves and their staffers to the Disease Party. Boycott it. Let the Nazis have their judge. Sweep and add 6.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Ted clarifies the rules

https://mobile.***********/CharlesPP...62184920350720

Comment

Working...
                                X