X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The difference being that those two were pounded into the earth and rebuilt from brownfield. More or less.
    Well, we also still have a military presence in both countries.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Taiwan, too. And Pinochet-era Chile. All modeled after the way the US handled the Banana Republics.

Our nation-building track record is pretty awful. You can still see it today in the Philippines, where Duetere is basically a brown Trump.

I guess you could say Germany and Japan turned out pretty well?
    I mean, when your standards are "Not Communist" you usually end up with dictators.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Taiwan, too. And Pinochet-era Chile. All modeled after the way the US handled the Banana Republics.

Our nation-building track record is pretty awful. You can still see it today in the Philippines, where Duetere is basically a brown Trump.

The difference being that those two were pounded into the earth and rebuilt from brownfield. More or less.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Wasn’t South Korea basically a military dictatorship until the 80’s?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Don't worry, the last surviving member of Old Pio's Howlin' Commados will solve the Taliban problem: https://twitter.com/NancyMAGAmonkey/...73040728870914
    Interesting, this guy is basically a 9/11 hijacker in reverse.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Get every one of those "Christian Patriot" microphalli to go over there. Them vs the Taliban: win/win.
    Sort of like how the Crusades were used to get rid of extra knights who were causing problems back home, I suppose a new crusade could solve our problems too.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Don't worry, the last surviving member of Old Pio's Howlin' Commados will solve the Taliban problem: https://twitter.com/NancyMAGAmonkey/...73040728870914
    Get every one of those "Christian Patriot" microphalli to go over there. Them vs the Taliban: win/win.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I don't agree with much of her politics, but I'm endlessly impressed by her willingness to put in the work.

If Crazy Q Lady Green or "I married a pedophile" Boebert had that work ethic we'd be in real trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Two chicks at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    In case you’re wondering why people are going on TV relentlessly attacking Biden for his courageous decision to leave Afghanistan when no other president would, here’s one glimpse as to why. War is addictive for the few who reap its profits, while the rest of us foot the bill.
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1433162163099680768

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

Could you imagine what we could have done with $273,000,000 PER DAY FOR TWENTY STRAIGHT YEARS?
    1000 more billionaires.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Could you imagine what we could have done with $273,000,000 PER DAY FOR TWENTY STRAIGHT YEARS?
    Federal funding for abortion bounties on slaves I mean women

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Two chicks at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Yes. I can. And it makes me very very very sad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X