US Foreign Policy 3.0: We're The Mets of International Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I would think the US has bigger things to worry about than what VP Harris says about North Korea, or Biden forgetting that some backbench rep no one would've otherwise heard of died last month, but I guess that's just me. And any complaints about gaffes coming from a Republican operative can be dismissed like a common housefly after 4 years of POTUS Tub O' Lard drooling his way through speeches and offending allies left and right.
    Here's the way to evaluate a gaffe:
    - Does the speaker immediately correct themself (or have it corrected by a staffer afterwards since they might not have noticed one misspoken word during a long speech), or do they double down that they totally meant to say it that way and their followers believe it's some sort of secret code?
    - Is the rest of the speech a coherent argument of a particular set of points, or is it top-of-mind rambling with run-on sentences that go nowhere?

If the answer to both questions is the former, then, well, people slip up occasionally, in a perfect world that wouldn't happen, but such is life, so move on. If the answer to both questions is the latter, then that's the kind of crap you mock.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      < some Fox derp >
      Conservatives cling to the desperate hope that stupidity like this will distract the electorate from their assault on women, minorities, immigrants, and democracy.

Rightwing sites are circle jerks of sad, bitter cowards, in denial and clinging to these middle school outbursts as their brethren try to burn the world.

They are insincere and unserious and have no seat at the adult table.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

But but but Tuckums said we did it!
        That's cause Tuckems works for Russia.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Whoopsie Daisy

@jason_howerton: KAMALA: "The United States shares a very important relationship, which is an alliance with the Republic of North Korea."

The frequency of the significant gaffes coming out of this administration really just defies belief.

https://***********/RNCResearch/stat...657095/video/1
          and yet, not a peep when this was said, unless it was to defend it.

"And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?
          And **** like this happened every ****ing day. And not a peep from you.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Here's the way to evaluate a gaffe:
            - Does the speaker immediately correct themself (or have it corrected by a staffer afterwards since they might not have noticed one misspoken word during a long speech), or do they double down that they totally meant to say it that way and their followers believe it's some sort of secret code?
            - Is the rest of the speech a coherent argument of a particular set of points, or is it top-of-mind rambling with run-on sentences that go nowhere?

If the answer to both questions is the former, then, well, people slip up occasionally, in a perfect world that wouldn't happen, but such is life, so move on. If the answer to both questions is the latter, then that's the kind of crap you mock.
            Covfefe

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

and yet, not a peep when this was said, unless it was to defend it.

And **** like this happened every ****ing day. And not a peep from you.
              plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose

CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Covfefe
                That was 4D chess

Comment

• Tucker is so loved that State TV loves his idea of cutting undersea internet cables.

https://***********/JuliaDavisNews/s...27656261947392
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Drew and joecct should combine forces. How do you say "you should study amortization tables" in French?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Unsure just which thread this neatly fits in:

A Johns Hopkins doctor and her spouse — a doctor & major in the US Army — were federally indicted for attempting to provide medical information about members of the military to the Russian government.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/c...IH7M6D4GKMHZ4/

Anna Gabrielian and Jamie Lee Henry, who had a secret security clearance as a doctor at Fort Bragg in North Carolina, communicated and met with an undercover FBI agent who they believed was from the Russian embassy, offering sensitive medical information on military members and their family, the indictment alleges.
                      “My point of view is until the United States actually declares war against Russia, I’m able to help as much as I want,” Henry told the undercover agent, according to the indictment. “At that point, I’ll have some ethical issues I’ll have to work through.”
                      “Gabrielian highlighted to the [undercover agent] a medical issue reflected in the records of [the military member’s spouse] that Russia could exploit.,” the indictment says.

During the same meeting, Henry also provided medical information related to five patients at Fort Bragg, including a retired Army officer, a current Department of Defense employee, and spouses of active and deceased Army veterans.

Were they able to "declassify" this information with their minds as well, or is that only a presidential feature?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Whoopsie Daisy

@jason_howerton: KAMALA: "The United States shares a very important relationship, which is an alliance with the Republic of North Korea."

The frequency of the significant gaffes coming out of this administration really just defies belief.

Either you're trolling, if so, **** off
                        or
                        you're truly irredeemable
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Unsure just which thread this neatly fits in:

A Johns Hopkins doctor and her spouse — a doctor & major in the US Army — were federally indicted for attempting to provide medical information about members of the military to the Russian government.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/c...IH7M6D4GKMHZ4/

Were they able to "declassify" this information with their minds as well, or is that only a presidential feature?
                          To make it more strange, the wife in the story is trans, and possibly the first active duty trans woman in the military.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Either you're trolling, if so, **** off
                            or
                            you're truly irredeemable
                            Joe is an old dude. No one here is going to undo the Catholic church's decades of programming that all abortion = murder no matter what, and as long as that belief remains he's gonna vote MAGA. We just have to convince our friends to help outvote him.

Comment

• The nooses are tightening around the oligarchs in the US...
                              https://***********/WendySiegelman/s...38994145685505

Russian Oligarch Oleg Deripaska, Natalya Bardakova, Ekaterina Voronina, indicted for sanctions evasion and obstruction of justice

NJ resident Olga Shriki arrested for role facilitating illicit travel by Deripaska’s girlfriend and real estate transactions

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Whoopsie Daisy

Its quicker if you just say "I don't like the Dark Lady, I laugh at her!". We know that is actually what you are saying.

I hope you treat the women in your life with more respect than you treat women in general Joe.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X