US Foreign Policy 3.0: We're The Mets of International Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Don't worry, the last surviving member of Old Pio's Howlin' Commados will solve the Taliban problem: https://***********/NancyMAGAmonkey/...73040728870914
    Interesting, this guy is basically a 9/11 hijacker in reverse.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Wasn’t South Korea basically a military dictatorship until the 80’s?
      Taiwan, too. And Pinochet-era Chile. All modeled after the way the US handled the Banana Republics.

Our nation-building track record is pretty awful. You can still see it today in the Philippines, where Duetere is basically a brown Trump.

I guess you could say Germany and Japan turned out pretty well?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Taiwan, too. And Pinochet-era Chile. All modeled after the way the US handled the Banana Republics.

Our nation-building track record is pretty awful. You can still see it today in the Philippines, where Duetere is basically a brown Trump.

The difference being that those two were pounded into the earth and rebuilt from brownfield. More or less.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I mean, when your standards are "Not Communist" you usually end up with dictators.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The difference being that those two were pounded into the earth and rebuilt from brownfield. More or less.
            Well, we also still have a military presence in both countries.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ods-labor-ban/

[The House of Representatives voted Wednesday night to ban most imports from the Xinjiang region in China over concerns that goods made there used forced labor, as Western nations continue to confront Beijing�¢??s crackdown on ethnic minorities in the region.

By an overwhelming 428-1 vote, the House moved to ban all imports from the region in northwest China unless customs officers in the United States are able to determine that the products were not made using forced labor.
              Without looking, try to guess the person who voted against this. Keeping in mind, only 7 didn't vote in favor.

Edit:
              now I see why republicans supported this:
              [The Xinjiang region produces 85 percent of Chinaâ??s cotton, and factories there produce nearly half of the worldâ??s supply of a key ingredient for solar panels. With Xinjiang playing such a major role in global supply chains, business groups and large companies â?? including Apple â?? have lobbied against restrictions on imports from the region.

â??The solar value chain is almost completely contaminated by forced labor,â?Â according to an industry analyst, Johannes Bernreuter.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-09-2021, 12:21 AM.
              Code:

Comment

• Gaetz.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• **** Apple. I have no problem with telling them to source their parts and labor elsewhere, even if it means the iPhone 14 will cost $2000+. Their current business model relies entirely upon convincing people who aren't tech savvy that their products are still innovative and aren't just overpriced status symbol garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Gaetz.
                    Nope
                    Code:

Comment

**** Apple. I have no problem with telling them to source their parts and labor elsewhere, even if it means the iPhone 14 will cost $2000+. Their current business model relies entirely upon convincing people who aren't tech savvy that their products are still innovative and aren't just overpriced status symbol garbage.
                      I was more concerned about 50% of the world's solar. Obviously we can't source green energy with concentration camps. I just don't know what this is going to do to solar.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nope
                        Apparently he only dies on the Sex Trafficking hill...

I was gonna say MTG but she rails against China all the time so that would be a bit off brand. The Qolorodo High School Dropout?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Apparently he only dies on the Sex Trafficking hill...

I was gonna say MTG but she rails against China all the time so that would be a bit off brand. The Qolorodo High School Dropout?
                          She couldn’t be bothered to vote. Probably busy at the local gun range with this member’s family.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

She couldn’t be bothered to vote. Probably busy at the local gun range with this member’s family.
                            Huh...I got nothing unless it is Louie Gomer Pyle.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Huh...I got nothing unless it is Louie Gomer Pyle.
                              I’ll be honest, I had to cheat. I won’t steal dx’s thunder since he posed the question, but he wasn’t in my top 10 guesses- maybe even top 100. Until recently, he mostly flew under the radar- not because he’s mainstream, since he’s a crazy right-wing nutjob himself- but because MTG and Boebert suck up so much of the oxygen in the room.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I’ll be honest, I had to cheat. I won’t steal dx’s thunder since he posed the question, but he wasn’t in my top 10 guesses- maybe even top 100. Until recently, he mostly flew under the radar- not because he’s mainstream, since he’s a crazy right-wing nutjob himself- but because MTG and Boebert suck up so much of the oxygen in the room.
                                Ended up cheating too after you posted this. But based on your clues here I did guess right.

Comment

Working...
                                X