Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Foreign Policy 3.0: We're The Mets of International Diplomacy

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The right is still advancing across Europe. It's like the West is returning to 1848.
    There seem to be at least two things operating in concert. The widening gap between the haves and have-nots certainly explains some of it. But we also seem to be in a time of accelerated social change, whether that is true or just seems true due to the relentless 24/7 news cycle. Many conservatives are alarmed by and frightened by that change are are choosing to bunker down with the members of their own clan.

So sayeth the lord.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they left. Similar to the UK, it feels like they've always had one foot out.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if they left. Similar to the UK, it feels like they've always had one foot out.
        I’ve had the displeasure of visiting Poland six times. This is not in the least bit surprising. I agree with you on the one foot out part.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I’ve had the displeasure of visiting Poland six times. This is not in the least bit surprising. I agree with you on the one foot out part.
          Back before Deadspin sucked there was a lengthy piece where somebody toured Eastern Europe to look at footie culture. Poland was (1) really violent, (2) really, really, really alcoholic, and (3) really, really, really, really, really racist and anti-Semitic. Imagine the type of Catholic country where the average parishioner is Bill O'Reilly.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Back before Deadspin sucked there was a lengthy piece where somebody toured Eastern Europe to look at footie culture. Poland was (1) really violent, (2) really, really, really alcoholic, and (3) really, really, really, really, really racist and anti-Semitic. Imagine the type of Catholic country where the average parishioner is Bill O'Reilly.
            Poland was one of the most sexist of the countries I visited. It was... shocking.

I've also never felt so unsafe in factory before. I actually flinched a couple of times when one of the local engineers was showing us equipment. He did some things that made me almost duck.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Poland was one of the most sexist of the countries I visited. It was... shocking.

I've also never felt so unsafe in factory before. I actually flinched a couple of times when one of the local engineers was showing us equipment. He did some things that made me almost duck.
              It is BAD. I was taken aback, some guy sped up his car to try and hit me in a crosswalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                It is BAD. I was taken aback, some guy sped up his car to try and hit me in a crosswalk
                My polish male counterparts spent the entire visit trying to get in the pants of my female counterparts from the US. It wasn't even veiled.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Having spent so many years hearing how racist Americans were, I was taken aback the first time I visited (somewhat in order) parts of: South America, Europe, Middle East, South Africa, SE Asia and Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Having spent so many years hearing how racist Americans were, I was taken aback the first time I visited (somewhat in order) parts of: South America, Europe, Middle East, South Africa, SE Asia and Australia.
                    Americans are the nicest and most tolerant people ANYWHERE. Fact
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Our racists are nicer than your racists!
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Our racists are nicer than your racists!
                        I know you're just being snarky, but to clarify that's not what I was saying. Only that we are in no way unique in our ability to carry prejudice, stereotypes and unfortunately act out on them.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Americans are the nicest and most tolerant people ANYWHERE. Fact
                          LOL. Sure, mook.

Every country on this list except Australia has us beat for generousness, kindness, tolerance, and all around goodness.

We're one of the few rich countries where there is still a large dildo population thanks to our Fundies. Most Americans are great but the ones who suck are on Suck Rushmore.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

LOL. Sure, mook.

Every country on this list except Australia has us beat for generousness, kindness, tolerance, and all around goodness.

We're one of the few rich countries where there is still a large dildo population thanks to our Fundies. Most Americans are great but the ones who suck are on Suck Rushmore.
                            Because I need to check when traveling, I check where LGBT can be beaten, jailed, and murdered. Canada rates an A+ on those issues. USA only gets a B-.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              LOL. Sure, mook.

I’ve spent time in all those places save for Australia and I’ll agree. Even with some of the anti immigrant factions

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Because I need to check when traveling, I check where LGBT can be beaten, jailed, and murdered. Canada rates an A+ on those issues. USA only gets a B-.
                                Canada is our 51st state.

Same way one can compare MA to WY, Canada can be compared to Mississippi
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X