X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What do you have against Reddit? No different than Twitter
    reddit is Twitter on crack with ten times the incel d-bags trolling. reddit is what happens when a bunch of nerds think Facebook has too many rules.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

reddit is Twitter on crack with ten times the incel d-bags trolling. reddit is what happens when a bunch of nerds think Facebook has too many rules.
      I haven't spent much time on Twitter but here are my general impressions:

1. They are all awful.
      2. Facebook is more American, more flyover, and less interesting. It has women. It's your racist in-laws, not the dude from Sprockets.
      3. Twitter is almost entirely devoid of any intelligence, even in tiny niches. It's purely about popularity and high school-level fame whoredom.
      4. reddit is insanely diverse, insanely international, and Life's Rich Banquet. The worst people on reddit are worse than anywhere else.

Last edited by Kepler; 04-05-2022, 11:03 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What do you have against Reddit? No different than Twitter
        Handy has been hawking that Everyman anti-intellectual brand for years, now. If he can't understand a thing, it's obviously pretentious. Remember: he's not limited; so-called smarter people are just putting one over on us.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• This is why I never left Myspace.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Zelenskyy is rightfully reading the UN the riot act, essentially telling them they suck at enforcing their own first point of being a united front.

Tells them to either act like they're united and kick Russia out, or dissolve.

For reference:
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

When you make yourself dependent(not trade, per se, but dependent on that specific good) on another state, you become that state's bit€h.

See: US and China.
              Mookie can say ****, but he can’t say *****? Bee-yotch? Beeech?
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Zelenskyy is rightfully reading the UN the riot act, essentially telling them they suck at enforcing their own first point of being a united front.

Tells them to either act like they're united and kick Russia out, or dissolve.

For reference:
                Don't see the problem. The member states never voted to let them in in the first place.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I haven't spent much time on Twitter but here are my general impressions:

1. They are all awful.
                  2. Facebook is more American, more flyover, and less interesting. It has women. It's your racist in-laws, not the dude from Sprockets.
                  3. Twitter is almost entirely devoid of any intelligence, even in tiny niches. It's purely about popularity and high school-level fame whoredom.
                  4. reddit is insanely diverse, insanely international, and Life's Rich Banquet. The worst people on reddit are worse than anywhere else.

It's cute that you both think the one you prefer is good and the one you don't is bad. They're the same, guys. You just need to find the subs on reddit and the sphere of people on twitter. Twitter is more difficult to cultivate but easier to winnow down. Reddit is easier to find stuff but more difficult to remove the garbage.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

it really depends on the subreddit. I'm a member of a few localish groups, and it's not bad. Other subreddits are completely full of nutjob neckbeards.

Comment

• Twitter is fine once you start following feeds that you find interesting and reliable. If you like CNN, or The Economist or whatever (obviously the possibilities are endless) than follow them. Replies aren't intrusive unless you want to dig in. But there's plenty of humor which the world needs more of in 2022 let's face it. And on that note...

The Recount @therecount

Trigger warning: Extremely graphic footage. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy plays a horrifying video for the UN Security Council that shows death and destruction from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
                      Tucker Carlson go **** thyself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Twitter is fine once you start following feeds that you find interesting and reliable.
                        This.

Also, Russian State Media makes it easier for FOX News Viewers to watch, start broadcasting English graphics

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/s...10048437784578

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Handy has been hawking that Everyman anti-intellectual brand for years, now. If he can't understand a thing, it's obviously pretentious. Remember: he's not limited; so-called smarter people are just putting one over on us.
                          It is not smart to be this drunk this early in the day...

If reddit is "intellectual" then this world is well and goodly ****ed. No social media is anything but a bunch of whiny people whining together. reddit is the Joe Rogan of social media. Facebook is the Donald Trump of social media and Twitter is the place people go to ratio everyone even if they have no idea what said person did or said.

But hey, if you want to launder some money or buy some NFTs reddit is a great source!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

it really depends on the subreddit. I'm a member of a few localish groups, and it's not bad. Other subreddits are completely full of nutjob neckbeards.
                            That is pretty much true of anything...hell I bet you can even find threads of 4Chan that weren't racist Qucumber factories. ;^)

Most SM is good for very basic info and funny memes. The more focused the better, and the smaller the audience the better. A subreddit on a specific type of item or action is alright.

There is a reason why almost all of the crypto scams start with a thread on reddit...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              This is why I never left Myspace.
                              The OG.
                              Cornell University

Comment

It's cute that you both think the one you prefer is good and the one you don't is bad. They're the same, guys. You just need to find the subs on reddit and the sphere of people on twitter. Twitter is more difficult to cultivate but easier to winnow down. Reddit is easier to find stuff but more difficult to remove the garbage.
                                In which part of "they're all awful" did I say reddit was better?

I prefer it, but I know it's just another form of cancer.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X